Spiritual Health Practitioner – Full Time
Providence Care – Providence Manor Site, Kingston ON
- We are a community that fosters meaningful relationships based on respect and compassion.
- We will invest in your future by providing orientation, mentorship, lifelong learning and career opportunities.
- We promote a healthy, safe and supportive work environment.
- Our values based organization promotes a culture where everyone’s unique contribution matters.
The Spiritual Health Practitioner works collaboratively within interprofessional teams at Providence Manor in Providence Care to enhance quality of life in psychosociospiritual ways. Working within the philosophies of Resident & Family Centred Care, the Spiritual Health Practitioner enhances and facilitates the spiritual health of residents and their families as they mobilize spiritual health resources available to them for well-being, given the current circumstances and transitions in their lives. The Spiritual Health Practitioner supports persons and families as they develop hopeful goals for the future and enables meaningful spiritual health experiences that strengthen personal dignity, values and identity. The Spiritual Health Practitioner engages people of all beliefs, respecting and offering compassion for diverse belief systems and world views.
- Current certification as Certified Spiritual Care Practitioner with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC), or in process of completing certification
- Registration with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of
Ontario, or in process of completing registration
- Two years of related experience using demonstrated
Resident & Family Centred Care approaches to spiritual health
- Evidence of on-going good standing with one’s own faith community and mandate for ministry within that faith community
- Experience with current spiritual health practices for persons living in Long Term Care
Working and Living in Kingston:
Looking for a city with an unbeatable lifestyle – amenities of a larger city, access to the outdoors, short commute times and essence of a small community? Kingston has everything you could want and more. Conveniently located in SE Ontario, Kingston is halfway between Toronto and Montreal, a two hour drive to Ottawa, and minutes to the 1000
Islands Bridge to the U.S.
Please apply by quoting file number PM CNFIU 18-261
in subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a complete list of duties and responsibilities please direct inquiries to:
email@example.com, or call Oksana Kravtsova, Human Resources Specialist,
613.548.5567 x 5767.
Providence Care is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify Human Resources