Spiritual Health Practitioner 2 – Vancouver
|Job Title:||Spiritual Health Practitioner II|
|Work Site:||VCR Home Hospice Palliative – West Broadway|
|Status:||Regular Part Time – Baseline (0.5 FTE)|
Reporting to the Director/Manager, the Spiritual Health Practitioner will be responsible for:
- Assessing individual client needs and providing spiritual care to patients/residents/clients, their family/friends and staff that responds to emotional or spiritual needs and concerns.
- Collaborating with other health care professionals and community support groups in educational, clinical and research endeavours related to client care, family needs and staff professional development.
- Working as an active and contributing party within an interdisciplinary team to achieve excellence in client centred care, education and research.
- Providing educational opportunities for students through mentoring and clinical consultations.
In this role, your key partnerships will be with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care – CASC and with community religious/spiritual leaders and faith groups to provide consultation and support on spiritual issues.
Please note the rotation for this position is as follows:
- Week 1 – Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday – 8:30 am – 4:30 pm with 30 minute unpaid lunch
- Week 2 – Tuesdau & Wednesday – 8:30 am – 4:30 pm with 30 minute unpaid lunch
- Master’s Degree with relevant theological/spiritual studies from a recognized institution accredited by the Association of Theological Schools.
- Five (5) years of recent related experience as a spiritual care practitioner in an institutional setting and completion of two basic and two advanced units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) in a health care setting or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid certification with Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC) as a Specialist in Pastoral Care.
- An active, ongoing, accountable relationship with a recognized denomination or faith group.
TO APPLY: Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 106140-tbo.