Title: Spiritual Health Associate
Department: Spiritual Health
Hours of Work: 2 Casual Positions; On-call Evenings and Weekends
Salary: Class 03 $27.94 – $33.52 per hour
Location: Kingston General Hospital Site
The Spiritual Health Associate provides short term spiritual support for patients and families related to their immediate spiritual distresses.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES & DUTIES:
Be available and receive referrals through the On Call – Call Back system for onsite immediate response to spiritual distresses of patients and/or family members. Consult with member(s) of the health care team making the referral to receive any additional information about the needs, when necessary.
Assess needs of person(s) requiring support. Provide interventions appropriate to the assessed needs, sensitive to and consistent with the unique spiritual, religious, cultural traditions/needs, and worldview of the person(s) receiving care.
Document the clinical session in the PHI record and enter workload information in Emerald.
Provide an update to referring health care provider, when appropriate.
Provide referral to the Spiritual Health Practitioner for that clinical area for follow up, when necessary.
Within this role the employee is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Kingston Health Sciences Centre strategy. As an employee, one must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for actively promoting and supporting patient and family centered engagement and care in all we do.
*NOTE: The above duties are representative but are not to be construed as all-inclusive.
- Completion of a Master’s degree program in Theology or Spiritual Care required
- Completion of 1 Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC) Supervised Pastoral Education course required
- Category 1 or 2 Competency Level Associate Member with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC) Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis required
- At least one (1) year of relevant clinical experience
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check required.
The applicant must be able to meet the physical demands of this position.
To apply: visit https://bit.ly/3h1wMj6
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.