SPIRITUAL CARE SPECIALIST
St. Joseph’s Care Group (SJCG) is a Catholic organization that identifies and responds to the unmet needs of the people of Northwestern Ontario, as a way of continuing the healing mission of Jesus in the tradition of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Sault Ste. Marie. SJCG is a recognized leader in the provision of services in seniors’ health, rehabilitative care, chronic disease management, addictions and mental health, for the people of Thunder Bay and Northwestern Ontario. SJCG operates on a program management model with an emphasis on interprofessional teamwork and evidence-based practice.
Hogarth Riverview Manor requires a highly organized team player who will join our interprofessional team to assist us in carrying out the mission of St. Joseph’s Care Group. The Spiritual Care Specialist is responsible for the quality of spiritual and religious care provided to residents, families, and staff. The Spiritual Care Specialist works with the interprofessional team, the residents and their families to assess spiritual and religious needs, to develop individualized care plans/treatment goals to meet these needs, and to evaluate the efficacy of the care plan. This role requires a demonstrated appreciation of client-centred care including the importance of accessibility, accountability, evidence based practices, and evaluation.
- Masters of Divinity or relevant graduate degree
- Certified Specialist with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care. (Applicants who have successfully completed two advanced units and are in the process of obtaining Specialist Certification will be considered)
- Registered or eligible for registration in a relevant college (i.e. College of Psychotherapy)
- Experience in a health care setting preferred
- Superior ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to deliver presentations to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with superiors, coworkers, residents and families, other staff and stakeholders
- Ability to work in a multi-faith context
- Ability to relate to diverse client populations with diverse abilities and needs
- Excellent individual and group counseling skills
- Demonstrated skills working as an effective team member on an interprofessional team
- Prepared to actively advance the profession of Spiritual Care
- Excellent project/time management, analytical/critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Independent judgment when dealing with confidential or sensitive departmental or divisional issues
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to motivate others
- Proficiency with office computer equipment and software
- Demonstrated regular attendance at work
Thunder Bay is a scenic port city of 110,000 on the shores of beautiful Lake Superior, offering the perfect balance of a dynamic work environment and vibrant community. Experience life to the fullest with easy access to a wide variety of cultural and recreational opportunities. With parks, music and performing arts centres, inland lakes, ski hills, fine dining, miles and miles of trails, rugged outdoor beauty and much more, you are sure to fall in love with Thunder Bay. For more information about St. Joseph’s Care Group and our community, visit the following websites: www.thunderbayhealth.ca and www.sjcg.net.
To apply to this position, please visit www.sjcg.net/careers.
St. Joseph’s Care Group is committed to providing high quality client-centred care by building a respectful and inclusive workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. Individuals who speak a second language including French, Finnish, Italian, Ojibway, Cree, Oji-Cree, etc. are encouraged to apply.
Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Applications from all qualified individuals are welcomed.