Job Title: Spiritual Care Provider/Psycho-Spiritual Therapist-Barrie, ON.
FTE: 60% (three days per week equivalent)
Location: Mill Creek Care Centre
Mill Creek Care Centre (MCCC) is a charitable, non-profit, Christian home for residents needing LTC living. MCCC Long Term Care Home is located within Tollendale Village. Our home is strongly grounded on Christian traditions and principles, while welcoming residents of all faiths, backgrounds and beliefs. Mill Creek Care Centre is home to 160 residents. Our home has 5 Resident Home Areas (RHA) which provides living accommodations for 32 residents on each home area.
To build and provide a community where residents achieve all they can be and experience holistic care in a Christian manner and environment.
To provide services in a friendly, quality focused, caring community.
E fficient Use of Resources
Job Summary & Requirements
The primary responsibilities of the Spiritual Care Provider/Psycho-Spiritual Therapist include:
- Working with a team to ensure the provision of spiritual care to patients and staff at Mill Creek Care Centre, including clinical assessments, care-planning, therapeutic interventions, and treatments as needed.
- Providing spiritual care to the diverse religious, educational and cultural community within the home.
- Leading the staff in developing an understanding of the relationship between spiritual, religious, physical, emotional, psychological and mental wellness.
- Being available and accessible to residents, family and staff within the continuum of care, especially those experiencing emotional or spiritual distress.
- Building strong interdisciplinary relationships with all team leaders
- Coordinating local spiritual and religious leaders and volunteers as they minister within Mill Creek Care Centre.
- Actively promoting the spiritual culture of the home within and to the broader community
- Master’s Degree with relevant theological, divinity, or spiritual studies from a recognized institution accredited by the Association of Theological Schools; or Master in Clinical Psychology or Counseling; or related experience and working toward such a degree.
- Minimum five years practical and related experience.
- Certification as a Spiritual Care Practitioner or Psycho-Spiritual Therapist with the Canadian Association of Spiritual Care (CASC). Or have completed two units of SPE with CASC.
- Current membership with Canadian Association for Spiritual Care
- Endorsement by a recognized religious or faith group
- Experience working in the context of death and dying and/or palliative care considered an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Successful Applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Screening), as well as a two-step TB screening, before starting employment and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment.
Please send cover letter and resume to Executive Director, Jenny Douma, firstname.lastname@example.org