Position: Spiritual Care Provider
Department: Spiritual Care
Position Status: Part-Time
Number of Positions: 1
HOURS OF WORK:
Please note that the hours of work are approximate and are schedules are subject to change depending on operational needs. Any changes made to the hours of work will be done in accordance with the terms of the Collective Agreement.
WHY WORK FOR US:
Peterborough Regional Health Centre (PRHC) is a state-of-the-art regional hospital with a proud local history extending back over a century. With a capacity of 494 beds, our regional hospital has one of the busiest Emergency Department in Ontario and offers an extensive range of services, including specialized programs in renal, stroke, cardiac, cancer care, and vascular surgery.
We wouldn’t be the hospital we are today without the people and nothing is more important to us then our team of dedicated employees. At PRHC, we pride ourselves on creating and maintaining an environment where people are valued, recognized, and treated with respect.
We believe that the best way to support our patients is through our people. We do this by providing our employees with competitive and comprehensive benefit plans, a pension program with matching employer contribution, professional development opportunities, employee and family assistance program, health and wellness programs (gym and yoga memberships, annual wellness fair, travel discounts) and a learning fund for educational development. Exploring new positions, programs, or development initiatives is encouraged as it contributes to your personal and professional growth. PRHC supports and encourages you to pursue whatever path you choose.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Spiritual Care Provider participates as an integrated member of the multidisciplinary healthcare team, responding to the diverse spiritual and religious needs of our patients, families, staff and volunteers within the hospital. The Spiritual Care Provider engages and advocates for the care and treatment of the whole person (spiritual, physical, psychological, mental and social) during their hospital experience.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Undergraduate degree
- Master’s degrees with focus in Theological/Religious/Psychospiritual Therapy Studies
- 4 units – Basic and Advanced units of supervised Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) training from the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC/ACSS), Certified as Specialist with CASC/ACSS preferred, or its USA equivalent, or willing to pursue certification within one year
- Registered Psychotherapist (RP) designation with the College of Registered Psychotherapists (CRPO) preferred
- Multi-faith certification
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Spiritual Care Provider/chaplain in a health care setting
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of patients, families, health care staff
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, strong clinical documentation skills, critical thinking, time management skills, and demonstrated leadership ability
- Practices and promotes resilience, individually and interpersonally
- Demonstrates spiritual and personal development
- Good work and attendance record required
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Leadership skills that demonstrate the ability to present research based educational topics
Peterborough Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Should any applicant require accommodation through the recruitment and selection process, please Notify us by indicating you require an accommodation in your application form. A representative from Human Resources will be in touch with you to tailor the recruitment process to meet your accommodation needs.
Click here to Apply Enter Job ID 2809.
While the Health Centre appreciates your expression of interest in this position(s), only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified.