Spiritual Care Professional
Sinai Health is looking for a Spiritual Care Professional to join our team at Mount Sinai Hospital.
Job Type: Casual Relief
Hours (subject to change): Primarily weekends and STATS 9am – 5pm; with week-day backfill opportunities.
About This Opportunity:
The Spiritual Care Professional functions as a member of the health care team providing spiritual and religious support.
The successful candidate will focus on the spiritual, religious and emotional needs of patients, families and staff. Spiritual and religious care is provided in a manner that is multifaith, respecting of cultural, traditional and religious diversities, complimenting and linking with community faith partners.
- Provides spiritual care to patients, families, staff and volunteers.
- Initiates regular Spiritual Care visits with patients and responses to requests or referrals made by patients, family or staff and leaders of faith communities.
- Assesses spiritual, emotional and religious needs of patients visited.
- When requested and when appropriate, assists patients and families in the process of making challenging moral and ethical decisions based on faith and spiritual beliefs.
- Facilitates the grief and bereavement process.
Key Job Requirements:
- Master of Divinity or an equivalent degree from an accredited educational institution
- Certified Specialist within the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC) or candidate for certification (completion of two basic and two advanced units within CASC program) preferred.
- Experience as a Spiritual Care Professional in a health care setting
- Demonstrated ability to work as a fully participating member of the health care team.
- Applicants with proven equivalent recent and related training and experience may also be considered.
- Knowledge of various models of spiritual care and their appropriateness to different practice contexts.
- Awareness of the process of spiritual development and the provision of care appropriate to patient’s developmental states throughout the care process.
- Accountable to the Manager of Spiritual Care.
- Maintains active membership in CASC.
- Functions in a collaborative matter with all members of the health care team.
To view the full description for this role and submit an application please visit the following postings on our website: