Spiritual Care Professional – Toronto, Ontario
Careers at UHN
JOB POSTING #845088
Position: Spiritual Care Practitioner
Site: All UHN Sites
Department: Spiritual Care
Reports to: Manager
Hours: 18.75 hours per week
Status: Permanent Part-time
Functioning as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team the primary responsibilities of the Spiritual Care Practitioner include: providing spiritual and religious care to patients, families/friends at UHN, ensuring their spirituality and/or faith traditions are respected; providing spiritual support to the staff members; performing other responsibilities to ensure continued success of Spiritual Care Services; participating in professional development/educational activities/programs to ensure excellence in the provision of Spiritual Care Services; performing cross-functional and other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned and/or required.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
- Membership with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC)
- Specialist certification with CASC or working towards certification
- In the process of registering with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
- Excellent counselling/clinical skills and compliance with confidentiality requirements
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated competence in enabling effective team collaboration between colleagues, staff and community resources
- Demonstrated competency in spiritual care to the sick and to persons of diverse religious, educational and cultural backgrounds
- Knowledge of research procedures, methods, techniques, statistical principles, measurement theories and data collection instruments
- Ability to relate faith-based belief systems and behavioural sciences to spiritual care work
POSTED DATE: June 27, 2019
CLOSING DATE: July 31, 2019
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.