Spiritual Care Practitioner – Contract – Princess Margaret Cancer Centre – Toronto, Ontario
JOB POSTING #867780
Position: Spiritual Care Practitioner
Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre and Toronto General Hospital
Department: Spiritual Care UHN
Reports to: Manager
Salary Range: $65,255.00 to $81,569.00 based on 1950 annualized hours
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Temporary Full-Time (approximately one year)
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Spiritual Care Practitioner in our Spiritual Care Department.
Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here.
Functioning as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team the primary responsibilities of the Spiritual Care Practitioner include: providing direct religious and spiritual care to patients, families/friends and staff at UHN within assigned areas, ensuring their spirituality and/or faith traditions are respected; performing other responsibilities to ensure continued success of Spiritual Care Services; participating in professional development/educational activities/ programs to ensure excellence in the provision of spiritual care services; performing cross-functional and other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned and/or required.
- At minimum, completion of a Master’s degree program in Theological or Spiritual Care
- Preference will be given to candidates with Specialist certification with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC) and/or working towards teaching supervisor certification
- In the process of registering with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Up to one (1) year of relevant experience
- Clinical experience required
- Membership with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care is required
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
Compliance with confidentiality requirements
- Effective organization, interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable, legislative, UHN and /or departmental policies
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
- Excellent counseling/clinical skills and compliance with confidentiality requirements
- Demonstrated competence in enabling effective team collaboration between colleagues, staff, volunteers and community resources
- Demonstrated competency in spiritual care to the sick and to persons of diverse religious, educational and cultural backgrounds
- Knowledge of research procedures, methods, techniques, statistical principles, measurement theories and data collection instruments
- Ability to relate theology and behavioural sciences to spiritual care work
POSTED DATE: November 26, 2020
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
If you are interested in this position, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have maintained satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.