SPIRITUAL CARE PRACTITIONER
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
Providence Place has an opening for a Temporary, ½ Time associate position as Spiritual Care Practitioner. Providence Place, a Catholic Healthcare Facility, is a welcoming, compassionate community, endeavoring to meet the spiritual, physical, emotional and social needs of residents and clients. Providence is a home to 160 long-term care residents, along with 14 beds in the Geriatric Assessment Rehabilitation Unit, which provides short-term accommodation and medical treatment. Providence Place is an Emmanuel Health organization.
Reporting to the Director of Spiritual Care and Mission Effectiveness at Providence Place, the Associate Spiritual Care Practitioner provides spiritual support to residents, family members and staff and helps develop and implement Spiritual Care services that reflect and promote the mission and values of the Providence Care.
The successful applicant will:
- have a minimum of one year of Theology or related studies at the Master’s level from an accredited theological institution
- a minimum of two units (four units preferred) Clinical Pastoral Education or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Applicants should be willing to seek advanced training to achieve CASC/ACSS professional certification if required
- bring endorsement by a recognized faith group
- have leadership experience in working within interdisciplinary healthcare teams
- have the ability to listen, counsel, and be present in a multi-faith, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary setting.
Preference given to candidates who:
- have a deep knowledge and understanding of Catholic healthcare history, principles, tradition and a thorough knowledge of the Health Ethics Guide
- have appropriate spiritual and other leadership qualities they can bring to contemporary, Catholic, not-for-profit organizations
- have experience in a long-term care setting and the ability to provide spiritual care to residents with dementia
- have a record of achievement as a collaborative leader, community and team builder and possess a high degree of interpersonal sensitivity and communication skills
- have experience in volunteer coordination.
- Providence Place offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Our thanks is extended to all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume by May 17th, 2019 to:
Mr. Francis Maza
Exec. Lead Mission, Ethics, Spirituality
Phone 306-249-5865 ext. 223
Or Mail to: 104 – 3502 Taylor Street East, Saskatoon, SK S7H 5H9