SPIRITUAL CARE PRACTITIONER / MISSION EFFECTIVENESS LEADER
St. Joseph’s Hospital / Foyer D’Youville,
St. Joseph’s Hospital / Foyer D’Youville has an opening for a Permanent Full-Time position as Spiritual Care Practitioner/Mission Effectiveness Leader. St. Joseph’s Hospital / Foyer D’Youville is a Catholic health care organization committed to providing compassionate quality care to the people in Gravelbourg and surrounding areas. Our mission: Inspired by Jesus’ healing ministry and the tradition of the Catholic Church, we are a community of caregivers upholding human dignity through holistic care. St. Joseph’s Hospital / Foyer D’Youville is a 9 bed hospital and a home to 50 individuals who require Level 3 and Level 4 long term care services.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Executive Director of St. Joseph’s Hospital / Foyer D’Youville, and working in close collaboration with the Exec. Lead of Mission, Ethics, and Spirituality of Emmanuel Care. The Spiritual Care Practitioner/Mission Effectiveness Leader provides spiritual support to residents, family members and staff. She/he also develops and implements a mission effectiveness plan, which assures effective communication, education, celebration, and evaluation of mission and values integration.
- The successful applicant will:
- have a minimum of one year of Theology or related studies at the Master’s level from an accredited theological institution
- have a minimum of two units (four units preferred) Clinical Pastoral Education or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Applicants should be willing to seek advanced training to achieve CA.SC/ACSS professional certification if required
- have an endorsement by a recognized faith group
- have leadership experience in working within interdisciplinary healthcare teams
- have the ability to listen, counsel, and be present in a multi-faith, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary setting.
- Preference given to candidates who:
- have a deep knowledge and understanding of Catholic health care history, principles, tradition and a thorough knowledge of the Health Ethics Guide
- have appropriate spiritual and other leadership qualities they can bring to contemporary, Catholic, not-for-profit organizations
- have experience in a long-term care setting and the ability to provide spiritual care to residents with dementia
- have a record of achievement as a collaborative leader, community and team builder and possess a high degree of interpersonal sensitivity and communication skills
- have experience in volunteer coordination.
- St. Joseph’s Hospital / Foyer D’Youville offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Our thanks is extended to all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume by June 22nd, 2018 to:
Mr. Francis Maza
Exec. Lead Mission, Ethics, Spirituality
Phone 306-249-5865 ext. 223
Or Mail to: 104 – 3502 Taylor Street East, Saskatoon, SK S7H 5H9