Posting Number: 66960
Open: July 26, 2019
Deadline: August 30, 2019
Spiritual Care Practitioner
Reporting to Manager, Social Work & Spiritual Care, The Spiritual Care Practitioner is responsible to provide spiritual care, counsel, crisis response and structured processes to enhance inner strength and resilience for patients, partners, families, friends, staff, physicians and leaders, strengthening LHSC’s commitment to holistic care by attention to spiritual and psychosocial needs, both for those who participate in religious activity and those who have no religious affiliation or practice. This role will also serve a half day per week as a Professional Practice Specialist for Spiritual Care responsible for the development, monitoring, and evaluation of evolving standards of spiritual care professional practice within an interdisciplinary care model. The Professional Practice Specialist role collaborates with leadership and professional staff to ensure the integration of practice standards, policies, guidelines in program design, resource planning and allocation, professional development and education, and in the delivery of patient-centered care. In addition to Spiritual Care, the practitioner will provide LHSC staff with individual and group support and resiliency education in response to supports workplace stress, crisis or traumatic work events through the Staff Support program.
Rate of Pay: $33.690 per hour – $42.116 per hour
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
- Successful completion of Masters of Theology and/or Spirituality/Religion or a clinical related field from an educational institution accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) or the Council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA)
- Grounded in a faith commitment and endorsed by one’s respective faith community
- Supervised Pastoral Education with a minimum of two units at Advanced Supervised Pastoral Education training (at least 800 hours)
- Certification by the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC) as a Spiritual Care Practitioner
- CASC certified Supervisor-Educator preferred
- Registration with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) as a Registered Psychotherapist
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) Group Crisis Intervention Training Level One Preferred
- Minimum five years recent, related experience
- Demonstrated advanced ability to establish effective interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Multicultural and multi-faith sensitivity and awareness of various faith practices and rituals
- Advanced ability to communicate with the patient to identify and assess spiritual needs, select the best strategies and interventions to appropriately and effectively address these needs and evaluate the outcome
- Ability to take initiatives and be self-directed with general operations of the Spiritual Care department
- Demonstrated ability to use technology for means of communication and quality assurance documentation
- Demonstrated advanced ability to function independently and interdependently as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Demonstrated excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks effectively
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to the principles of patient and family centred care
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Provide vaccination records or proof of immunity against measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox), Hepatitis B, Tetanus/ Diphtheria/Polio; Meningitis.
- Provide documentation of the Tuberculosis skin testing (two step)
London Health Sciences Centre foster a culture of patient and staff safety whereby all employees are guided by LHSC’s Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC encourages applications from persons with disabilities and we are committed to providing accommodations upon request.
As part of the assessment process applicants may be required to complete a written examination or test. Please be advised that an internal reference check may be conducted as part of the selection process.
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates, as a condition of job offer, would be required to provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector police check (original document) completed in the last 3 months.
Please visit www.lhsc.on.ca – Careers for more information
- There are so many great reasons to join London Health Sciences Centre. Here are a few of the great reasons for joining LHSC. We know that once you get to know us better, you’ll want to add your own reasons to the list!
- Multiple Professional Growth Opportunities
- A Shared Leadership Model
- A Leading-Edge Environment
- International Acclaim
- On-Site Wellness Centre
Together we care, we learn, we discover.