Spiritual Care Manager
Edmonton General EGCCC – 11111 Jasper Ave NW, Edmonton – AB
Permanent Full-Time; FTE: 1.00
Date opened: May 16, 2018
Date closed: May 29, 2018
Who can apply: Open to the public
Salary range: As per the Out of Scope Salary Band
Requisition number: COV00004523
Department: Spiritual Care Edmonton
Reporting to the Director, Mission and Spirituality, the Manager will oversee and coordinate Spiritual Care services in Covenant Health. The Manager will be responsible for consistent implementation of standards for Spiritual Care, leading quality improvement initiatives, supervising the performance of Chaplains, developing linkages to all areas of patient/resident care and departments and be accountable for Chaplaincy practice standards. The manager encourages a positive relationship between staff, patients/residents and their families and demonstrates leadership skills that will focus and support dynamic teams. The manager leads innovation within the teams to ensure a high quality service meets the needs of those served. This position is accountable for promoting spirituality as a valuable contribute to a healthy organizational culture; the provision of spiritual care to patients/residents, families and volunteers in a manner consistent with the Mission, Vision and Values of Covenant Health.
- Completion of a recognized professional/Academic degree at the Masters level in theology/religious studies, psychology, ethics, social work or related discipline required.
- Clinical Pastoral Education required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant clinical Spiritual Care experience required.
- Prior supervisory or team coordination experience required.
- Membership with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC/ACSS) required.
- Evidence of ongoing commitment to professional and leadership development. Letter of endorsement from respective religious community.
- Specialist Certification with CASC preferred.
Please visit the link below and create your personal profile to apply to this opportunity by 2400 hours on the closing date, quoting the requisition number COV00004523:
Please note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All employees new to Covenant Health must provide a criminal records check. Covenant Health is committed to an inclusive work environment and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Participation in the Local Authorities Pension Plan may be a requirement for the successful applicant.
Covenant Health is Canada’s largest Catholic health care organization with over 14,000 physicians, employees and volunteers serving in 12 communities across Alberta. A major provider in Alberta’s integrated health system, Covenant Health works with Alberta Health Services and community partners to positively influence the health of Albertans through a broad range of programs and services. CovenantHealth.ca