Good Shepherd Centres Hamilton, a ministry of the Hospitaller Order of St. John of God, strives to enhance the quality of life for all who seek assistance and support in our community. An opportunity currently exists at Good Shepherd Centres, Emmanuel House in the role of:
Spiritual Care Coordinator – Full Time
As a member of the Spiritual Care team, the Coordinator will be responsible for the provision of direct religious and spiritual care to clients, volunteers and staff at Good Shepherd Centres ensuring their spirituality and/or faith traditions are respected. Successful Candidate adheres to the Canadian Association for Spiritual/Pastoral Practice and Education (CASC) Standards of Practice, and Code of Ethics. The Spiritual Care Coordinator will be available weekdays and must be flexible to accommodate some evenings and weekends.
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Mission and Values of Good Shepherd Centres.
- Create and provide opportunities for spiritual growth and nurturing (i.e. small group sharing, meditation, study, workshops, etc.)
- Provide spiritual support for individuals and groups
- Create and provide worship services when needed
- Provide reflections for staff and volunteer gatherings/meetings when needed
- To provide a work ethic in leadership and role modelling of behaviours that demonstrates the Mission, Vision and Values of Good Shepherd Centres.
- To provide service in a dignified and respectful manner that reflects the charism of Good Shepherd Centres and which integrates anti-oppression/anti-racism frameworks.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of Responsibility, Availability, Hospitality, Adaptability, Quality and Dignity.
- Masters in Social Work, Education or Counselling Psychology, Nursing, Ministry and Spirituality, or Theology or equivalent.
- Training through CASC (Canadian Association for Spiritual Care) preferred.
- Training in spiritual direction through a recognized theological college preferred.
- Proven history of working well within an interdisciplinary team with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven leadership abilities with effective skills in verbal and written communication, problem solving and team building.
- Demonstrates compassion, empathy and integrity.
- Computer proficiency.
Please reply with cover letter and resume quoting job #EH-07-22 to:
Good Shepherd is an equal opportunity employer operating within an anti-racist and anti-oppression framework. We strive to establish workplaces that reflect and are enhanced by the rich diversity of the community we serve.
Good Shepherd welcomes and encourages applications from all people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are in need of accommodations, please contact Human Resources at 905-528-5877 ex 3336 email@example.com .
A condition of employment is the ability to provide verification of having received a second dose Covid-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment, and verification of receiving a third dose vaccine on or before February 21st, 2022 unless a valid medical or religious/creed exemption, pursuant to the Human Rights Code, can be established and approved prior to commencement of employment.