Posting 352-17 Cornwall Community Hospital Hôpital communautaire de Cornwall
Spiritual Care Coordinator
Leadership will be key in the provision of spiritual and religious care to patients, families and staff in a multi-faith environment. You will liaise with the community to coordinate and facilitate the care provided by local clergy and faith group representatives and collaborate on interdisciplinary teams facilitating dialogue on ethical and spiritual issues. You are responsible for the recruitment, selection, training and supervision of a team of Spiritual Care Volunteers.
As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital you uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients/clients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing “Patient Safety” and our hospital’s “Senior Friendly Strategies” as a top priority in creating a culture of safety and “The Workplace of Choice”.
- A Master’s Degree in Divinity/Theology from an accredited university, theological school or seminary
- Certification with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC)
- Ordination or endorsement by a recognized faith community
- Experience in an acute care setting working effectively as part of multidisciplinary teams
- Outstanding leadership, team-building and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and acceptance of the multi-faith community
- Functional proficiency in English (oral and written)
- Functional proficiency in French (oral)
Interested candidates are asked to apply to:
840 McConnell Avenue
Cornwall, ON K6H 5S5
Tel: 938-4240 ext. 4246 Fax: 938-4073
We thank all candidates for applying; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.