Spiritual Care Associate I (5009)
Job Number: 5009
Job Title: Spiritual Care Associate I
Number of Openings: 1
Employment Type: Part-Time
Hours of Work: M-F (Days)
Job Category: Non-Union
Application Deadline: 2017/07/26
At St. Mary’s General Hospital, we believe in the sacredness of life and dignity of all people. Our Spiritual Care Associates play an instrumental role in this belief system by serving all patients, their families, staff, students, volunteers etc. regardless of their culture, spirituality or religious beliefs. The Spiritual Care Associate I assists with coping strategies and provides support to those in distress as we are committed to caring for the whole person; body, mind and spirit.
• Assess the spiritual needs of clients and implements a spiritual care plan to meet identified and evolving needs
• Works with an interdisciplinary team to provide spiritual care to clients and to consult on spiritual and religious matters with the health care teams
• Assists with ethical concerns or advance directives and facilitates decision‐making as required
• Provides appropriate opportunities for prayer, sacraments, worship, meditation and other rituals
• Facilitates the work of faith communities in the hospital
• Acts as a spiritual care advocate for staff, students, volunteers and for the care and treatment of the whole person
• Supports chaplaincy students and spiritual care volunteers
• Current member of the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC)
• Specialist certification in Supervised Pastoral Education (SPE) is perferred
• Minimum of one (1) year spiritual care experience in a healthcare setting
• Member of College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO), is preferred
Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process in accordance with the Human Rights Code. SMGH requires all new hires to submit a valid Criminal Record Check that may include a Vulnerable Sector Screen prior to start date.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest and only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to confirm the receipt of individual applications or resumes.
Please apply with your resume at http://www.smgh.ca/careers-physicians-volunteers/careers/ by July 26 2017