PERMANENT FULL TIME CHAPLAIN CHU ( Saint John, NB)
SALARY: $49,374 to $69,056 per year (Pay Band 4) (Based on 37.5 hours per week)
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Evening; Night; Rotating; Subject to employment status
LOCATION: Ridgewood Veterans Wing
The Clinical Spiritual Care Provider is responsible for providing spiritual and religious care to patients and their families.
- A University or college degree in Theology, Divinity or Spiritual Care and Counselling or a related degree program, and a minimum of one unit of CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education). Certification as a Spiritual Care Specialist is preferred.
- The candidate must be a member of the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC).
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
The Clinical Spiritual Care Provider is responsible for:
- Providing spiritual care and counseling based on clinical assessment, to patients and/or their families and staff.
- Attending or participating in patient rounds and patient conferences.• Participating in hospital committees as requested by department manager.
- Participating in spiritual and multi-faith celebrations, commemorations and memorials respecting participant’s beliefs and practices.
- Participating in spiritual care programs and services.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by August 30, 2020.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2020- 46060 -External.
Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.