CALL TO ACTION
ROLE: Spiritual Health Therapy & Education – Respite Psychotherapist
CATEGORY: Temporary Full-Time or Part Time (6 – 12 months)
DEPARTMENT: Spiritual & Religious Care
RESPONSIBLE TO: Paul Chadwick, Director, Clinical & Corp Ethics
SCHEDULING: Full-time, part-time, or flexible scheduling available throughout the weekdays and/or weekends (day- shift; 7.5 hours per day) (evening shift; 5 hours per day) start immediately
It is a pivotal time for health care in Ontario and we need your help and compassion for this very important role. As hospitals and health system partners continue to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19, the Connecting Care Act, 2019 lays the foundation for a new model of health care delivery that puts the patient at the centre of a modernized health system.
William Osler Health System (Osler) is a multi-site hospital system serving 1.3 million people in one of the fastest-growing and most culturally-diverse regions in Ontario. With our 2019-24 Corporate Strategic Plan, Going Beyond for Healthier Communities as our roadmap, we are shifting traditional thinking and re-imagining health care to help people live healthier lives, reduce chronic disease and improve access to care.
Our workplace culture is fueled by a strong set of Values – Respect, Excellence, Service, Compassion, Innovation and Collaboration – that strike at the very heart of who we are at Osler. Here you will work alongside a highly-committed and respected team that understands what it means to go beyond to meet the health care needs of our communities. We are proud to be recognized, year after year, as one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers and Canada’s Best Diversity Employers.
This emergency temporary short-term Respite Psychotherapist will work at one of the following William Osler Health System locations: Brampton Civic Hospital, Etobicoke General Hospital, or Peel Memorial Centre. In this role, you will be stationed in staff respite rooms, where you will provide ground-level psycho-spiritual support to staff. Weekend and evening shifts will also be responsible to respond to patient referrals. The responsibilities include the following:
- Work closely with current Spiritual Health Therapy coordinators to support staff
- Provide spiritually-integrated psychotherapy and intervention to staff in 1:1 or group settings
- Participate in Spiritual Health Therapy rounds
- Maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Abide by all Osler Health and Safety protocols including appropriate PPE and other relevant Osler policies
- Attend a Mandatory Corporate Orientation session
- On weekend and evening shifts: identify daily caseload; respond to patient bedside Spiritual Health Therapy referrals; provide spiritual and emotional support to patients’ family members as necessary
- Member or Certified Member of the Canadian Association of Spiritual Care (CASC/ACSS) (required)
- Registered Psychotherapists or Registered Psychotherapist Qualifying designation (required)
- Successful enrolment in, or completion of, a Master’s-level education in a relevant field of study (required)
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
Please apply by emailing your resume to SpiritualHealth@williamoslerhs.ca