Extendicare recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, patients, team members and visitors from COVID-19. As such, subject to medical exemptions, a condition of employment with Extendicare is requiring that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada and Flu shot.
RELIGIOUS AND SPIRITUAL COORDINATOR – part-time
This position is available at a home/community affiliated with Extendicare Inc. The successful candidate would be employed directly by the affiliated home, not Extendicare Inc.
Candidates are invited to apply for the above Permanent Part-time position to work at Tendercare Living Centre, a 194 bed long-term care Home, located in Scarborough, Ontario.
Reporting to the resident Program Manager. The successful candidate will have the following qualifications.
Hours: Must be available to work flexible hours, according to the home’s needs (days, evenings, and weekends) and direction of Program Manager.
- Professional Education and certification in pastoral care and pastoral counseling. The completion of a qualifying 2 year graduate/masters degree in theology or a clinical related field, from an educational institution accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) or Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHE http://www.chea.org/)
- Fluent Cantonese and/or Mandarin required.
Delivery of resident programming
- Spiritual programs and services
- Therapeutic programs
- Spiritual Assessments
- Spiritual Services Coordinating
- Planning & Implementation of Services
- Participation in IDTC’s
- Participating in resident care
- Grief & bereavement support
- Palliative Care Services
- Liaising with stakeholders e.g.: schools, service clubs, community church groups and organizations
- Facilitating resident, family and pastoral interaction
- Obtains feedback from customer and implements improvement strategies
- Recommends improvement activities.
Occupational Health and Safety Accountabilities
- Carry out all assigned duties in compliance with applicable Occupational Health and Safety legislation and Company policy.
- Follow safe work practices as directed by their supervisor and as required by the applicable Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Participate in all required occupational health and safety training.
- Use appropriate equipment and wear personal protective equipment or clothing, as required by Extendicare/ParaMed.
- Report any known or identified health and safety hazards or violations to their supervisor.
- Refrain from any conduct that puts themselves, workers, contractors or others at risk.
Respects and preserves the privacy, confidentiality and security of health care and employee information at all times. Violations of this statement include, but are not limited to:
- Accessing confidential information that is not within the scope of the individuals duties
- Misusing, disclosing without proper authorization, or altering confidential information
- Disclosing to another person the unique username or password for accessing electronic confidential health care information
- Using another person’s username or password to access information
- Discussing confidential information in a public area
- Leaving confidential health care or employee information in public areas
- Disposing of confidential information inappropriately
Extendicare’s Code of Business Conduct and Standards of Employee Conduct policies are to be adhered to by the employee groups they apply to at all times.
Resident/Family Safety Accountabilities
- In the interest of the safety of residents and family members, employees while on duty are accountable to carry out all duties assigned within the scope of their job in compliance with applicable legislation, standards and company policy.
- Refrain from any conduct that puts residents and family members at risk.
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Deyu Wang, Program Manager