St. Joseph’s Villa is one of Ontario’s largest and most innovative long term care homes and community outreach centres in our community. Located in historic downtown Dundas, we are proud to continue the mission and legacy of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Hamilton and be leaders in compassionate care.
Date Posting Open: November 28, 2018 Date Posting Close: December 31, 2018
Posting Number: 18-N-446 Department: Spiritual Care
Position: REGULAR PART TIME CHAPLAIN Hours: 37.5 hours/pay
St. Joseph’s Villa is seeking a regular part-time chaplain for our spiritual care department.
As an integral part of the interdisciplinary care team, you will be responsible for:
- Providing spiritual guidance and support to the residents, family members and staff
- You will be actively involved in care team meetings and committees and provide crisis and grief counselling
- You will be required to assist with religious services and ensure the offering of Holy Communion to Roman Catholic residents
- You must have compassion and a genuine interest in working with the elderly and disabled
- You must have respect for all religious beliefs and practices
To be considered for this position:
- You must possess CASC (Canadian Association of Spiritual Care) training and hold a current membership in good standing
- You must have a degree in Religious Studies/Theology
- End of Life Care Training, Care Planning, Experience Documenting in PointClickCare and Long Term Care Experience will be an asset.
To be considered for this position, please provide a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We would like to thank everyone for your interest in working with St. Joseph’s Villa but only potential candidate will be contacted.
St. Joseph’s Villa is an equal opportunity employer. If you require assistance to apply for this position please contact Human Resources, 905-627-3541 extension #2227