Hamilton Health Sciences currently has two positions in Psycho-Spiritual Care
Hamilton Health Sciences https://www.hamiltonhealthsciences.ca/
Full-time temp up to 18 months starting in March 2020
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website
On-Call Contract for Psycho-Spiritual Practitioner (specific weekends)
To be considered for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact us at 905-521-2100 ext 77088
The Psycho-Spiritual Care team is part of the larger portfolio of Advancing Whole Care Ecologies, in the Quality and Performance Portfolio of Hamilton Health Sciences. This includes a wide range of services, including clinical & organizational ethics support, staff resilience education and end of life care, with the goal of promoting care communities that inspire compassionate, evidence-informed and values-based practice to enhance whole person care for patients, families, learners, staff, physicians and leaders.
The Psycho-Spiritual Care service provides psycho-spiritual care to the patient/family/staff population across HHS, including adult and pediatric patients, and from acute care to rehabilitation including palliative care settings.
As a member of the inter-professional team, Psycho-Spiritual Practitioners provide psycho-spiritual care to patients and families using assessment, therapeutic and care planning interventions. Psycho-Spiritual Practitioners support the health and wellbeing of staff and teams as needed through debriefing and participation in team meetings and education. All Psycho-Spiritual Practitioners are involved in theological/divinity student education, professional development activities, program quality initiatives, continuous learning and the establishment of community connections to best serve patient needs. Psycho-Spiritual Practitioners work across hospital sites and are also expected to provide occasional after hours on-call coverage, using their own transportation.
Scheduled Working Hours:
On-call contract – standby weekend coverage – Friday 5:00 pm to Monday 9:00 am
1. Master’s degree in divinity, theology, theological studies or recognized equivalent.
2. Specialist certification (or pending) with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care/Association Canadienne de Soins Spirituels.
3. Current Membership (in good standing) with CASC/ACSS
4. Member (or pending) of the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario preferred
5. Evidence of continuing education and involvement with CASC/ACSS
6. Previous experience in a tertiary acute care hospital.
7. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and assertively within an inter-professional health care team and with community partners.
8. Well-developed communication, inter-personal and leadership skills.
9. Excellent negotiation, consultation and client advocacy skills; a trauma-informed approach to care
10. Ability to work independently and prioritize competing clinical demands
11. Ability to express sensitivity and compassion, good judgement, integrity and is ethically informed
About Hamilton Health Sciences
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
Hamilton Health Sciences is a community of 15,000 staff, physicians, researchers and volunteers that proudly serves southwestern Ontario residents. We also provide specialized, advanced care to people from across the province.
We are the only hospital in Ontario that cares for all ages, from pre-birth to end-of-life. We offer world-leading expertise in many areas, including cardiac and stroke care, cancer care, palliative care and pediatrics.
We also are a world-renowned hospital for healthcare research. We focus daily on improving the quality of care for our patients through innovation and evidence-based practices.
As the largest employer in the Greater Hamilton region, we play a vital role in training the next generation of health professionals in collaboration with our academic partners, including McMaster University and Mohawk College.
Hamilton Health Sciences is committed to supporting the spiritual and emotional needs of our patients and their families during their hospital stay.