Hamilton Health Sciences
Requisition #81759 Unit Summary
The Psycho-Spiritual Care team is part of the Ethics and Care Ecologies Program, within the Quality and Performance Portfolio of Hamilton Health Sciences. This program offers a wide range of services, including clinical & organizational ethics support, staff resilience education and end of life care, with the goal of promoting care communities that inspire compassionate, evidence-informed and values-based practice to enhance whole person care for patients, families, learners, staff, physicians and leaders.
The Psycho-Spiritual Care team provides psycho-spiritual care to all patient/family/staff populations across HHS, including adult and pediatric patients, spanning the spectrum of care from acute care to rehabilitation to palliative care, including Medical Assistance in Dying.
As a member of the inter-professional team, Psycho-Spiritual Practitioners provide psycho-spiritual care to patients and families using assessment, therapeutic and care planning interventions. Psycho-Spiritual Practitioners also support the psychological well-being of staff through resilience support, debriefing and participation in team meetings and education. All Psycho-Spiritual Practitioners are involved in student education, professional development activities, program quality-improvement initiatives, continuous learning and the establishment of connections with community spiritual care resources. Psycho-Spiritual Practitioners work across all sites of HHS and are each expected to provide after-hours coverage about 4 times/month using their own transportation
Schedule Work Hours
Monday – Friday 9:00 am –5:00 pm
- Master’s degree in divinity, theology, theological studies, religious studies or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Training in psychotherapeutic intervention, with an emphasis on spirituality.
- Certification (or pending) with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care/Association Canadienne de Soins Spirituels.
- Current Membership (in good standing) with CASC/ACSS. Evidence of continuing education and involvement with CASC/ACSS.
- Member (or pending) of the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Previous experience in a tertiary acute care hospital or other healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and assertively within an inter-professional health care team and with community partners.
- Able to provide care that meets the individual needs of the client, providing psycho-spiritual care to persons of all faith traditions, and those with no specific faith tradition.
- Ability to support, without bias or judgement, patient(s) and their families when the care plan involves procedures that may not coincide with your own values, morals or beliefs.
- Well-developed communication, inter-personal, mentorship and leadership skills.
- Excellent negotiation, consultation and client advocacy skills; a trauma-informed approach to care.
- Able to work independently and prioritize competing clinical demands.
- Able to express sensitivity and compassion, sound ethical judgement, integrity, and to live the values of HHS: Respect, Caring, Innovation, Accountability.
$35.65 – $45.70 hourly
Please apply via http://hamiltonhealthsciences.ca/careers and search for Requisition # 81759