Regular Full Time
Requisition # 88982
The Psycho-Spiritual Care team is part of the Program for Ethics and Care Ecologies(PEaCE) , within the Quality and Performance Portfolio of Hamilton Health Sciences. This program offers a wide range of services, including clinical & organizational ethics support, staff resilience education and end of life care, with the goal of promoting care communities that inspire compassionate, evidence-informed and values-based practice to enhance whole person care for patients, families, learners, staff, physicians and leaders. The Psycho-Spiritual Care team provides psycho-spiritual care to all patient/family/ staff populations across HHS, including adult and pediatric patients, spanning the spectrum of care from acute care to rehabilitation to palliative care, including Medical Assistance in Dying.
As a member of the inter-professional team, Psycho-Spiritual Practitioners (also known as Chaplains) provide psycho-spiritual care to patients and families using assessment, therapeutic and care planning interventions. Psycho-Spiritual Practitioners also support the psychological well-being of staff through resilience support, debriefing and participation in team meetings and education. All Psycho-Spiritual Practitioners are involved in student education, professional development activities, program quality- improvement initiatives, continuous learning and the establishment of connections with community spiritual care resources. Psycho-Spiritual Practitioners work across all sites of HHS and are expected to have access to their own transportation
Schedule Work Hours
• Monday – Friday
• Occasional weekend coverage, as required
1. Master’s degree in divinity, theology, theological studies, religious studies or equivalent from a recognized institution.
2. Training in psychotherapeutic intervention, with an emphasis on spirituality.
3. Certification (or pending) with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care/Association Canadienne de Soins Spirituels.
4. Current Membership (in good standing) with CASC/ACSS. Evidence of continuing education and involvement with CASC/ACSS.
5. Member (or pending) of the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario.
6. Previous experience in a tertiary acute care hospital or other healthcare setting.
7. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and assertively within an inter-professional health care team and with community partners.
8. Able to provide care that meets the individual needs of the client, providing psycho-spiritual care to persons
of all faith traditions, and those with no specific faith tradition.
9. Ability to support, without bias or judgement, patient(s) and their families when the care plan involves procedures that may not coincide with your own values, morals or beliefs.
10. Well-developed communication, inter-personal, mentorship and leadership skills.
11. Excellent negotiation, consultation and client advocacy skills; a trauma-informed approach to care.
12. Able to work independently and prioritize competing clinical demands.
13. Able to express sensitivity and compassion, sound ethical judgement, integrity, and to live the values of HHS: Respect, Caring, Innovation, and Accountability.
$36.27– $46.50 hourly
Please apply via http://hamiltonhealthsciences.ca/careers and search for Requisition #88982
Deadline to receive applications is July 14, 2021
Proficiency in both Official Languages would be an asset.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer.