Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre is a faith based 134 bed facility specializing in rehabilitation, complex care and seniors’ health. We take pride in providing an environment where our staff can grow professionally and personally.
Pastoral Care Associate
(Regular Part-Time & Casual Positions)
The Pastoral Services Department is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Spiritual Care Professional/Chaplain to provide quality spiritual and religious support to patients, families, staff and volunteers. The successful candidate will join an excellent team which engages in care of the whole person (Spiritual, Physical, Psychological, Mental and Social) and work as a fully participating member of the health care team.
- Specialists certification with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC) and current membership in good standing.
- A Master of Divinity degree or equivalent in theological field.
- Member of College of Registered Psychotherapists in Ontario
- Clinical experience of 2 years in health care preferably in a complex care and Rehabilitation setting.
- Willingness and ability to continue to enhance professional competence and knowledge
- Provides care that is respectful of cultural, traditional and religious diversity.
- Conducts spiritual and/or religious needs assessments and provides appropriate and timely interventions.
- Provides and promotes high quality spiritual care that is consistent with the Mission and Values of Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre.
- Provides appropriate opportunities for worship, prayer, sacraments and other rituals.
- Function as a member of both the spiritual care team and interdisciplinary team and be capable of working autonomously.
- Excellent listening, communication (verbal/written English), interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Demonstrate proficiency working with computer applications in Microsoft Word, Meditech and Emerald.
- Must have an excellent attendance record.
*Please note that shifts may range Monday-Saturday, 8:30am – 4:30pm. On occasion there may be some Sundays and statutory holidays scheduled.
We invite you to join our friendly work environment and take advantage of a unique opportunity to develop in an innovative role and in a culture that fosters holistic and compassionate care. Please submit your resume and cover letter.
Mail: Hotel Dieu Shaver Health and Rehabilitation Centre
Human Resources Department
541 Glenridge Avenue
St. Catharines, ON L2T 4C2
Fax: (905) 687-3228
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request throughout the recruitment process.
We appreciate all applications received and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted.