Manager of Spiritual and Religious Care
Competition # 2017-27589 External posting
Manager of Spiritual & Religious Care – Permanent part-time position at The Miramichi Regional Hospital in Miramichi, New Brunswick. More information about the Miramichi Area can be found on Horizon Health Network’s website www.horizonnb.ca. Applications must include a CV and should be directed to:
Doreen Légère, Director of Therapeutic Services
500 Water St. Miramichi, NB E1V 3G5 (506) 623-3111 Doreen.Legere@Horizonnb.ca
Deadline for acceptance of applications is November 21, 2017.
Role Description Manager of Spiritual and Religious Care
Department Therapeutic Services
Reports to Director of Therapeutic Services
Hours of Work Day shift or other as required.
Location Miramichi Regional Hospital
In alignment with Horizon Health Network’s organizational structure and strategic plan, the Area Manager of Spiritual and Religious Care within Therapeutic Services has specific responsibility to implement and manage Spiritual and Religious Care services in the Area. Using practice standards, workload, utilization and statistical data, the Manager ensures the effective utilization of resources and the evolution of professional practice.
Summary of Key Role Responsibilities
- Plans, prioritizes, organizes, and ensures delivery of Spiritual Care for crisis intervention, supportive and spiritual counseling, and grief resolution with patients and their families within available resources.
• Assures that religious beliefs and traditions of all patients and staff are respected.
• Makes provision for liturgical celebrations and worship services for patients.
• Evaluate the impact, the effectiveness and the efficiency of spiritual care, volunteers and volunteer programs and recognize the contribution of volunteers appropriately, consistently and equitably.
• Participates in the development of Standard Operating Practices to ensure effective delivery of clinical services and spiritual & religious care ministry to patients and staff as a member of the Spiritual and Religious Care Clinical Practice Committee.
• Implements Horizon wide standards and best practices for the delivery of Spiritual and Religious Care services in the Area.
• Actively engages in quality improvement initiatives.
• Assists with financial planning, budget administration and accountability in collaboration with the Director of Therapeutic Services in their Area.
• Assists with the management of Human Resources which includes recruitment, selection, credentialing, orientation, mentoring, performance management, professional development and continuing education
• Supervises programs delivered by Spiritual and Religious Care
Qualifications and Experience
- Formal theological education at the Masters level.
- Specialist or working towards specialist designation with CASC (Canadian Association for Spiritual Care), Minimum of one unit of advanced CPE.
- Knowledge of various theologies, religious and spiritual traditions and ecclesiology and demonstrated ability to work in a multi faith environment.
- Experience in providing education and workshops to groups including patients, staff and community.
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) training
- Leadership skills that demonstrate the ability to:
- Inspire commitment and respect.
- Communicate effectively, build interdisciplinary teams and develop networks
- Promote a shared vision, accept and foster accountability and integrate evidence into decision making
- Understand system complexity, challenge processes, lead and orchestrate change
- Demonstrated computer skills including Microsoft Office, Meditech and Outlook
- Proficient in English, written and spoken. Able to handle French inquiries.
- Member in good standing with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care
Other Essential Requirements/Qualifications
- Good prior work record and demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
• Physically able to perform the job duties
• Demonstrated adherence to all privacy legislation and corporation policies to ensure all confidential patient, business, financial and employee information is accessed on a need to know basis only (for required job duties) and is disclosed only to those authorized to receive it.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.