PERMANENT FULL TIME MANAGER OF SPIRITUAL and RELIGIOUS CARE
LOCATION: Saint John Regional Hospital, Saint John, New Brunswick
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Evening; Night; Rotating; Subject to change due to operational requirements.
The Manager Spiritual and Religious Care is responsible for leading the provision of spiritual and religious care in the zone.
- Masters degree in Theology, Divinity or Spiritual Care and specialist designation or working toward designation with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (formerly CAPPE).
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
The Manager Spiritual and Religious Care is responsible for:
- Leading the planning and development of spiritual care services
- Directing, overseeing and evaluating the provision of services
- Managing fiscal and human resources to ensure the quality and safety of service delivery
- Coordinating and evaluating workload and service delivery
- Providing leadership and mentoring related to the training of spiritual care workers
- Developing, monitoring and ensuring compliance with standards, policies and procedures
- Providing spiritual care services
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon’s Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- The Leads in a Caring Environment Leadership Capabilities Framework
- Lead Self
- Engage Others
- Achieve Results
- Develop Coalitions
- Systems Transformation
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 15, 2020.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2020-47513-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.