Title: Manager of Operations, The Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC/ACSS)
PT – 20 hours/week (CONTRACT)
The Manager of Operations will report to Executive Director of the CASC/ACSS.
Nature and Scope of Organization:
The Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC/ACSS) is a national multi-faith organization which is
committed to the professional education, certification and support of people involved in spiritual care
and psycho-spiritual therapy.
The Association is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and functions with active standing
Commissions: Education Standards Commission (ESC), Professional Practice Commission (PPC), and the
National Ethics Commission (NEC).
CASC/ACSS is membership-based and has the following categories of members: Certified, Associate,
Student, Emeritus, Emeritus certified, Corporate and Friends of the Foundation.
- The staff structure consists of: Executive Director, Manager of Operations, Administrative
Assistant, and Webmaster.
- The Board of Directors consists of: The President; the Vice President (or past President); the
Treasurer; the Secretary; the Professional Practice Commission (PPC) Chair; the Education
Standards Commission (ESC) Chair; and the National Ethics Commission (NEC) Chair.
The Manager of Operations also works with the following employees:
- The Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant, and the Webmaster.
Reporting to Executive Director, the Manager of Operations will carry out their duties within an ever evolving
culture of this multi-faith organization and foundation. This role will provide on-going
management of the financial and data systems and provide support to the members of CASC/ACSS,
keeping in mind the organization’s mandate and mission.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as computer skills (Office Software)
- Proficient with Data Management Systems
- Organizational bookkeeping experience (QuickBooks)
- Analytical skills
- Vendor/Volunteer Relationship management
- Sensitivity to multi-faith spiritual practices and commitment to diversity, inclusivity, and the
Canadian right to work legislation
- Solid understanding of Canada Revenue Agency tax receipting rules and guidelines
- Able to build, manage and monitor a budget
- Experience and knowledge of NFP/Charitable sector
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage the day to day financial transactions and ensure accounts are reconciled in databases
- Generate reports for board, committees, and government
- Manage all data activity in relation to Salesforce/Microsoft 365 (SharePoint)
- Oversee the record management (on/offsite)
- Assist in the development and delivery of marketing and social media annual strategy and campaigns (membership drives, fundraising campaigns, promotion, advocacy)
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible and will be considering applications on a rolling basis. Deadline: Sept 18th (Friday)
In your cover letter, show us your commitment and passion – we want to know what drives you to create positive change, and why you are the right fit for CASC/ACSS and this position. We want to know how your experience and specific track record makes you the right person for this job.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org – Subject Line: Manager of Operations