The Canadian Association for Spiritual Care/Association canadienne de soins spirituels (CASC/ACSS) & The Canadian Foundation for Spiritual Care/Fondation canadienne de soins spiritual (CFSC/FCSS) is committed to respecting the privacy of individuals and recognizes the need of people with whom we do business, mainly our members, donors and service providers, for the appropriate management and protection of any Personal Information that you agree to provide to us. Our Privacy Management Plan includes guidelines on the collection, storage, use and retention of your Personal Information as follows:
- Collection: The organizations collect personal information about individual members, donors and service providers in order to better manage its business. The organizations will make all reasonable efforts to fully inform such individuals about the planned use/disclosure. The organizations will limit the collection and use of personal information to that required for valid business purposes or to comply with legislation.
- Accuracy: The organizations will make every reasonable effort to ensure that the personal information it collects and uses is accurate and complete. Individuals providing personal information will have the opportunity to review and correct their personal information, and on written request by an individual to whom the information relates, the organizations will modify the information as required.
- Storage: The organizations will store personal information using hard copy and/or electronic means in such a way as to prevent unauthorized collection, access, use, disclosure or disposal of the personal information.
- Retention: The organizations will permanently retain collected information from the members/donors or as required by legislation unless the members require the removal of such information.
- Disclosure: The organizations will not disclose personal information unnecessarily to any third party, unless the effected individual consents.
- Access: The organizations promote individual’s right of access to personal information about themselves. Access will be provided according to established procedures.
Note: Access to a record may be subject to the payment of any fee required according to organizations policy. In addition to the care that CASC/ACSS & CFSC/FCSS takes directly, we are also working with all of our partner organizations that may at some point handle personal information gathered by us in the course of their relationship with and service to us. Each third party partner has agreed to meet our standards of privacy, confidentiality and security.
All Employees and third party staff who in any way handle or manage Personal Information have acknowledged and agreed to adhere to our Privacy Code and the procedures that support that code.
For further information, contact:
The Executive Director CASC/ACSS
Manager of Operations