For over half a century, Bethany has been improving the lives of Alberta seniors and adults with disabilities by providing housing, health and community services that honour their spirit and individuality.
At Bethany, we are on a journey of service excellence, with the launch of WAVE (We Action our Values Everyday), our service excellence program. We are committed to providing great service experiences for our residents, tenants, families and each other. Together, we are living our mission of “Creating Caring Communities”.
We offer competitive salaries, attractive benefits and pension programs, growth through learning and development, and numerous opportunities to give back to the community – just a few of the things that led to Bethany being named one of Alberta’s Top Employers for 11 consecutive years in 2018. It’s simple — we invest in our people because they are the reason for our success.
We are delighted that you are considering joining our team! We are looking for people who are passionate about people, working to enhance everyone’s quality of life at every stage of the journey.
About the Role
This role is an expression of the innovative tradition that honours Bethany’s faith-based legacy by promoting spirituality as a valuable contributor to overall health, reflects advances in understanding the connection between spiritual wellbeing and health, and builds the organizational culture for residents, tenants, families, staff and volunteers in a manner consistent with Bethany’s Mission, Vision and Values. As a key member of our inter-disciplinary team, you will model and equip others to deliver compassionate care that nurtures the spiritual wellbeing of residents, families, staff and volunteers in a setting that values diversity of spiritual expression and faith tradition.
Our employees have the unique opportunity to build strong personal relationships with the people who call Bethany home.
Individual responsibilities will fall under six main areas of focus:
1. Service Excellence: Promotes service excellence and provides leadership to Bethany’s Pastoral Care department.
2. Leadership: Facilitates progressive and participative leadership and ensures that pastoral care programs and staff provide for the spiritual wellbeing of the residents and tenants
3. Pro-active Learner: Demonstrates commitment and understanding of the relevant work practices, policies, applicable legislation, internal and external resources required to be a successful, as well as capacity to stay abreast of changes.
4. Team Work: Cares for and works cooperatively with others as an effective team member.
5. Safety: Contributes to a safe environment for residents, the team and self by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices at all times.
What You Bring:
• Graduate degree required, Master of Theology/Master of Divinity
• Clinical Pastoral Education units (CPE) completed
• Minimum 5 years of professional pastoral practice and senior management experience
• Member of Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC) or equivalent body- certification preferred
• In good standing with the religious body to which you are accountable
• Member of Canadian College of Health Leaders (CCHL), Certified Health Executive(CHE) preferred
• Experience in a multi-faith environment
• Abiding commitment to Bethany’s Mission, Vision, Values
How to Apply:
Like what you see and think you have what it takes to join our team?
Apply Online before 23:00 on May 11, 2018 at: http://bethanyseniors.com/careers/
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Bethany Care Society is an equal opportunity employer.
All Bethany staff members are required to complete a Criminal Background Check.
Bethany Care Society complies with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). By forwarding your resume to Bethany you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information for this job competition. Your information will be kept strictly confidential.