IMAGINE a professional association where everyone is committed to excellence. We did. We are. From students to certified members, we go above and beyond to offer the best and safest spiritual care. At the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care, we put our members and clients first in everything we do. We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrating spirituality into patient-centered care, and as one of Canada’s leading professional associations, we are building on our academic and experiential foundation through enhanced education, research and innovation. As part of our dynamic team, you too can stand out and be amazing! At the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care, our team is committed to enhancing the spiritual health of all Canadians. We care for the soul of the nation.
Your goal in this position is to deliver products which confirm and expand the position of the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care as national leaders in quality education and practice. You are highly organized, details oriented and have the ability to follow through with priority tasks while working with a Board of Directors. You can communicate effectively with members across the entire organization and effortlessly connect with our stakeholders, including facility and program administrators; government and educational leaders; and the general public. You have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to work with diversity, particularly as that finds expression in a multi-faith association. You are a self-starter with demonstrated initiative and can work with minimal supervision. The position supports the association’s mandate by advancing spiritual care through teaching, learning and/or transforming practice through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring spiritual needs are identified, addressed and met as part of the holistic care offered to patients, clients, residents, inmates, students, staff, volunteers and families in Canada.
ON A PRACTICAL LEVEL, you will:
- Develop and deliver mechanisms which explain the value of spiritual care as an essential component of the broader public sector service in Canada
- Assist Spiritual Care Professionals to articulate an evidence-based model of spiritual care which can be marketed to institutions and agencies in health care, education, corrections, industry and the military
- Assist Certified Supervisor-Educators to create and market programs for those who seek to learn how to identify and treat spiritual needs within the bounds of their profession’s scope of practice
- Develop tools to assess the effectiveness and improve the quality of new initiatives
- Nurture good relationships between the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care and strategic partners
- Maintain records and reports as required to ensure fiscal responsibility and stewardship
Working at the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care you will be joining a dynamic team in one of Canada’s leading professional associations. This is a salaried half-time position, with irregular work hours and some required days. This is a three-year project with the employment contract subject to renewal on an annual basis and contingent on mutual agreement.
- An earned bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations or a related field; a Master’s degree is desirable;
- Fluency in English; knowledge of French is an asset
- A minimum of five years of experience in business Marketing and Innovation
- An understanding of and passionate commitment to the mission, vision, and values of CASC/ACSS.
- High level of entrepreneurship, energy, integrity, enthusiasm and excellent interpersonal and team-building skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of professional ethics, including stewardship, accountability and transparency
HOW TO APPLY
Think you’re the right person for the job? Here’s your first chance to show us why. Please submit a resume and cover letter (including your contact information and the title of the position to which you are applying) to the Executive Committee of the Board c/o President@spiritualcare.ca
We will review all completed applications and will contact those selected for an interview. We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities, and are committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
CLOSING DATE: October 16, 2017