Chaplain/Spiritual Care Provider
Job Posting: 16557CC
Department: Spiritual & Religious Care
Site: St. Catharines
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday
Wage Range: To Be Determined
Posted Date: July 30, 2019
Closing Date & Time: 16:00 hrs, August 28, 2019
Reporting to the Coordinator of Spiritual & Religious Care, this position will provide spiritual and religious care to patients, families, staff and volunteers at the St. Catharines Site (SCS).
This individual functions as a member of the inter-professional health care team in the provision of direct care.
- A CASC Specialist in CPE or PCE.
- Graduate degree in theology or a clinically related field, as required for certification as a Specialist by CASC/ACSS.
- Registration with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, or intent to register as soon as possible.
- Endorsement by a recognized religious faith group to function as a spiritual and religious care provider within a hospital context.
- Continuing good standing in a faith community affiliated with the chaplain’s own (personal) religious tradition.
- Superior knowledge of issues, principles and practices related to spiritual and religious care.
- Good working knowledge of Professional and Clinical Ethics.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and spiritual & religious care skills.
- Evidence of effective customer service, organizational, leadership, judgment, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work effectively within an inter-professional team.
- Consistent and regular attendance required.
Submit resume, quoting the job posting number to: email@example.com
Christine Callaghan, Human Resources 905-378-4647 Ext. 44229
Updated resumes must be received in Human Resources, Welland Hospital Site by 1600 hours on the closing date.