Prairie Ridge, Raymond, AB
This position covers three (3) sites: Raymond Prairie Ridge, Cardston Lee Crest and
Magrath Garden Vista
CLOSING DATE Until Filled
HOURS OF WORK 08:30-16:30 hours
EMPLOYMENT TYPE Permanent Part Time, 0.7 FTE
LOCATION Prairie Ridge, 328 Broadway South, Raymond, AB (35km south of Lethbridge)
WAGES $29.02 – $34.58
Reporting to the site manager, you will have two roles: Spiritual Care Facilitator and Spiritual Care Provider. In your role of facilitator you will invite faith communities’ participation in the religious life of the resident community and oversee the Pastoral Care Volunteer Program. In your role of provider you will meet the religious and spiritual needs of residents and staff, offer end of life spiritual care and ethics leadership.
As Chaplain you will have the ability to build relationships with residents, families, volunteers and staff. You understand the complexity of bio-ethical issues and work effectively within the care team. In this position, it is essential to appreciate the variety of faith traditions of our multi-cultural society.
- Master of Divinity/Theology degree from an accredited Christian theological school.
- Two Units of Supervised Pastoral Education (SPE).
- Good standing within your denomination.
- Must have effective interpersonal and group communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work in ministry with clients and residents who have a variety of conditions or cognitive impairments.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
All new employees are required to submit:
– a current and clear Criminal Record Check and if applicable, a Vulnerable Sector Check that has been obtained no more than 90 calendar days prior to the hire date;
– a tuberculosis screening that has been completed no more than 12 months prior to the hire date.
Please visit http://hrnet.gss.org to view all current employment opportunities.
We thank all applicants, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted for an interview.