Posting for: City of London – Housing, Social Services & Dearness Home
Position Type: Temporary, Part-time for up to 2 years – Part-time hours equates to 3 days per week (for a total of 21 hours)
File #: M-37-18E
The Corporation of the City of London strives to foster a workplace in which all individuals maximize their potential, regardless of their differences. We are committed to attracting, engaging, developing and celebrating exceptional people in public service who are representative of our community.
Reporting to the Manager of Community Life, the Chaplain supports the Dearness Home’s commitment to the client-centered, holistic care of residents by identifying and developing strategies to meet the spiritual, religious and cultural needs of residents.
- Completion of a post-secondary educational program relevant to the provision of spiritual or religious care from a recognized University, seminary or college.
- Completion of a Masters of Divinity or Theology degree or equivalent.
- Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario or willing to pursue registration with the CRPO.
- Minimum of 2 Advanced Units of Clinical Pastoral Education and certification as a Spiritual Care Practitioner with The Canadian Association of Spiritual Care (in process or willing to pursue).
- Formalized training or experience in providing spiritual and religious care in a multi-faith setting.
- Endorsement for Ministry by the applicant’s (or incumbent’s) Faith Community.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a long-term care environment.
- Minimum of three years of experience working with seniors and/or adults with disabilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as proficiency in computer literacy.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills that assists in being a strong contributor in the Home’s interdisciplinary resident-focused care model.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to deal with individuals in crises.
Compensation: $33.56 to $47.54 per hour
How to Apply:
For a complete job description and to apply on-line, please visit the City of London website at http://bit.ly/2G3e5G9
Please note following the interview stage, official transcripts as well as a criminal record check will be required prior to moving to the next stage in the selection process.
Closing Date for Applications: Thursday, May 31, 2018
We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of London is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring