Regular Part Time
The Spiritual Care Team is part of the larger portfolio of Quality and Performance. The Spiritual Care Service provides psycho-spiritual care to the patients/families and staff at HHS through all phases of the health care journey. The Spiritual Care Service also provides education opportunities recognized by the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care.
As a member of the interprofessional team, spiritual care practitioners(SCP/Chaplain) provide psycho-spiritual care to patients and families using assessment, therapeutic and care planning interventions. SCP also support the health and well being of staff and teams as needed. They are involved in learner education, professional development activities, quality improvement initiatives and the establishment of community connections to best serve patient needs. SCP are required to work between hospital sites and provide after hours on call coverage in a timely manner using their own transportation.
Schedule Work Hours
Monday to Friday days ( on call evenings, nights, weekends)
1. Master degree in relevant field e.g Masters of Arts, Masters of Divinity
2. Specialist certification (or pending) with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care
3. Current membership in good standing with CASC
4. Member (or pending) of the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
5. Evidence of continuing education with CASC or equivalent
6. Experience in broad faith based traditions and spiritual and cultural diversity.
7. Previous experience in a tertiary acute care hospital preferred
8. Previous experience in palliative care preferred
9. Ability to support, without bias or judgement, patient(s) and families when the care plan involves procedures that may not be in line with your own values, morals, beliefs.
10. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and assertively within an interprofessional health care team and with community partners
11. Well-developed communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
12. Excellent negotiation, consultation and advocacy skills
13. Ability to work independently and prioritize clinical demands
14. Ability to express sensitivity and compassion, demonstrate integrity and be ethically informed
$30.03 – $44.91 hourly
Please apply via http://hamiltonhealthsciences.ca/careers and search for Requisition# 74077