ST. JOSEPH’S VILLA, LONG TERM CARE HOME IN DUNDAS, ONTARIO is seeking to hire a Chaplain – 30 hrs/wk, with the potential of increased hours.
Located in historic downtown Dundas, we are the second largest organization in the St. Joseph’s Health System and a nurturing home to 390 residents. For more than 140 years, we have been a leader in long-term and palliative care. We are committed to resident and family centered care and looking after each resident’s unique physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Chaplain, you are an integral part of the interdisciplinary care team. This individual will:
- Provide spiritual guidance
- Provide supportive counselling and companioning to the Residents, Family Members & Staff
- Be actively involved in care team meetings and different committees.
- Provide crisis and grief counselling as needed.
- Assist with all religious services and if requested conduct funeral, memorial services.
- Ensure the offering of Holy Communion to Roman Catholic Residents, and respond to other religious needs of other faith traditions as needed.
- Have compassion for, and a genuine interest in working with the elderly, disabled and those approaching the end of life. This is essential.
- Have a respect for all religious beliefs and practices.
Experience & Education:
- CASC training and current membership
- A Theological/Religious Studies degree
- End of Life Care experience
- Long Term Care experience
- Spiritual Care Assessment, Care planning and documentation skills
Please forward resume/letter of application to:
Human Resources, St. Joseph’s Villa
56 Governor’s Road
Fax – 905-628-0825 or Email – firstname.lastname@example.org