Internal Posting (CUPE)
CLASSIFICATION VACANCY # LOCATION
Chaplain (Casual) 2018-913 Spiritual and Religious Care
**Must be willing to work necessary coverage (evenings, on-call nights, weekends, stat holidays, vacation relief)
Salary: $34.030 to $42.687 per hour
The Spiritual Care Department is seeking an experienced Chaplain/Spiritual Care Practitioner to fill a casual position. Reporting to the Manager, Spiritual Care, this position will be based out of the St. Joseph’s Health Centre site. The successful candidate will join a dedicated Spiritual Care team in providing and promoting a high quality of psycho-social-spiritual care for patients, their families and hospital staff that is consistent with our Mission and Values.
The role will involve:
- assessing spiritual and religious care needs; developing and implementing spiritual care plans;
- engages people of all beliefs, respecting and offering compassion for diverse belief systems and worldviews;
- facilitating rituals respectful of cultural and religious/spiritual diversity;
- supporting ethical discussion and difficult decision-making by patients, their family and staff;
- actively engaging patients, their families and staff in developing an understanding of the relationship between spiritual, religious, physical, emotional, psychological/mental well-being;
- facilitating a variety of strategies nurturing collaboration and supportive community;
- being available and accessible to patients, families and staff within the continuum of care – especially those experiencing spiritual distress;.
- Masters Degree in Theology, Divinity or Pastoral Studies, or equivalent.
- Certification as a Spiritual Care Practitioner with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC), or in process of completing certification.
- Maintains annual registration in professional bodies (CASC) and participates in professional review as required
- Evidence of on-going good standing with one’s faith community and endorsement from a recognized faith group required.
- Evidence of continuing education and professional development
- Previous Spiritual Care experience in a health care setting required
- Evidence of knowledge of multi-faith practices and traditions
- Excellent communication skills with facility in a second language an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work as a member of a Spiritual Care team and also within inter-professional teams.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computer applications (Word, e-mail, electronic charting/documentation)
- Must have an excellent attendance record.
POSTED: October 11, 2018
In order to be considered for the above transfer, applications must be received in the Human Resources Department on or before October 18, 2018.
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT.
- Email your resume to email@example.com. To be properly considered for a position, both the job title and department to which you are applying, must appear in the subject line of your email. Please note, St. Joseph’s Health Centre recommends using our resume uploader as a more secure means of transmission of your personal details. While we accept resume submissions from personal email accounts as well, we cannot ensure the security of submissions sent via third-party email providers.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
wb Job Ref: Spir/Relg-MVSR-471