Calgary Area – Full-Time
About Us For over half a century, Bethany has been improving the lives of Alberta seniors and adults with disabilities by providing housing, health and community services that honour their spirit and individuality. Bethany offers competitive salaries, attractive benefits and pension programs, growth through learning and development, and numerous opportunities to give back to the community – just a few of the things that led to Bethany being named one of Alberta’s Top Employers for twelve consecutive years in 2019. It’s simple — we invest in our people because they are the reason for our success. We are delighted that you are considering joining our team! We are looking for people who are passionate about people, working to enhance everyone’s quality of life at every stage of the journey.
About the Role:
At Bethany, a career as a Chaplain is both personally and professionally challenging and rewarding. The role is an expression of innovative tradition that honors the organization’s faith-based legacy by maintaining a pastoral presence and delivers clinical excellence that reflects advances in understanding the connection between spiritual well-being and health. As a key member of our inter-disciplinary team, you will model and equip others to deliver compassionate care that nurtures the spiritual well-being of residents, families, staff and volunteers in a setting that values diversity of spiritual expression and faith tradition. Our employees have the unique opportunity to build strong personal relationships with the people who call Bethany home.
What You Will Do:
Reporting to the Director, Spirituality and Pastoral Care, and with a passion for care towards residents, families and team members, the Chaplain is responsible for being a pastoral presence and delivering clinical excellence that supports spiritual wellbeing and Bethany Care Society’s mission of “Creating Caring Communities.”
Individual responsibilities will fall under six main areas of focus:
- Resident-Centered Care–provides service excellence in spiritual assessment, care planning, pastoral presence, and other duties as assigned, to meet the spiritual needs of residents in an ecumenical and multi-faith context.
- Documentation –Accurately and comprehensively tracks information and creates reports relating to Pastoral Care initiatives.
- Partnerships –Cultivates partnerships with faith communities and other groups that foster the mission of Bethany Care Society.
- Leadership –Models Bethany Care Society’s vision and values, and lives out the mission of “Creating Caring Communities” by providing leadership to champion the Spiritual Presence Model which nurtures the mind, body and spirit present in both individuals and the organization
- Team Work –Promotes an interdisciplinary team environment by fostering an understanding of the unique contributions of all team members and builds relationships with others on the Pastoral Care team.
- Safety -Contributes to a safe environment for residents, the team and self by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices at all times
What You Bring:
- Master’s degree in Theology from an accredited theological school Member in good standing with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC).
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE), with at least Advanced Standing with CASC; as well as the willingness and ability to achieve Specialist Certification with CASC. Equivalent competency-based chaplaincy training may be considered.
- Formal training in working with seniors and persons with dementia is an asset.
- 5 years pastoral and administrative experience working with seniors.
- Denominational/Faith Tradition endorsement for Pastoral Ministry.
- Excellent observation, communication (verbal and written), and problem solving skills
- Excellent listening skills, basic counselling skills, group facilitation and program development
How to Apply:
Like what you see and think you have what it takes to join our team? Apply Online at: http://bethanyseniors.com/careers/
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Bethany Care Society is an equal opportunity employer. All Bethany staff members are required to complete a Criminal Background Check. Bethany Care Society complies with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). By forwarding your resume to Bethany you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information for this job competition. Your information will be kept strictly confidential.
Posting Number: 18-2286
Position Type: full-time