Title: Administrative Assistant, The Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC/ACSS)
PT – 25 hours/week
The Administrative Assistant will report to Executive Director of the CASC/ACSS.
Nature and Scope of Organization:
The Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC/ACSS) is a national multi-faith organization which is
committed to the professional education, certification and support of people involved in spiritual care
and psycho-spiritual therapy.
The Association is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and functions with active standing
Commissions: Education Standards Commission (ESC), Professional Practice Commission (PPC), and the
National Ethics Commission (NEC).
CASC/ACSS is membership-based and has the following categories of members: Certified, Associate,
Student, Emeritus, Emeritus Certified, Corporate and Friends of the Foundation.
- The staff structure consists of: Executive Director, Manager of Operations, Administrative
Assistant, and Webmaster.
- The Board of Directors consists of: The President; the Vice President (or past President); the
Treasurer; the Secretary; the Professional Practice Commission (PPC) Chair; the Education
Standards Commission (ESC) Chair; and the National Ethics Commission (NEC) Chair.
The Administrative Assistant also works with the following employees:
- The Executive Director, the Manager of Operations, and the Webmaster.
Reporting to Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will carry out their duties within an ever evolving
culture of this multi-faith organization and foundation. This role will provide on-going day to
administrative functions of the office and provide support to the members of CASC/ACSS. keeping in
mind the organization’s mandate and mission.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (French/English)
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office 365)
- Office administration and organizational skills
- Works well with others
- Database experience (Salesforce)
- Sensitivity to multi-faith spiritual practices and commitment to diversity, inclusivity, and the
Canadian right to work legislation
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative assistance to membership inquiries
- Skilled in handling office task, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings
- Volunteer Committee Support
- Planning, logistics and scheduling for organization meetings (booking flights, cars, hotels, reservations)
- Board Meeting (Preparation, minutes, communication)
- Maintain professional and polite communication via phone, email and mail
- Assist in social media and marketing
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible and will be considering applications on a rolling basis. Deadline: Sept 18th (Friday)
In your cover letter, show us your commitment and passion – we want to know what drives you to create positive change, and why you are the right fit for CASC/ACSS and this position. We want to know how your experience and specific track record makes you the right person for this job.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org – subject line: Administrative Assistant