Job Description- Spiritual Care Practitioner – Toronto, Ontario
JOB POSTING #814456
Position: Spiritual Care Practitioner
Site: Toronto General Hospital
Department: Spiritual Care
Reports to: Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Status: Permanent full-time
Functioning as a member of the interprofessional health care team, the primary responsibilities of the Spiritual Care Practitioner include: providing direct religious and spiritual care and psychotherapy to patients, families/friends and staff at UHN, ensuring their spirituality and/or faith traditions are respected; performing other responsibilities to ensure continued success of the Department of Spiritual Care at UHN; participating in professional development/educational activities/programs to ensure excellence in the provision of spiritual care and psychotherapy ; performing cross-functional and other duties consistent with the job classification, as assigned and/or required.
- At minimum, completion of a Master’s degree program in Theological or Spiritual Care
- Preference will be given to candidates with Specialist certification with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC) and/or working towards teaching supervisor certification
- In the process of registering with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Up to one (1) year of relevant experience
- Clinical experience required
- Effective organization, interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of applicable, legislative, UHN and /or departmental policies
- Client service oriented, with the ability to effectively work with diversity and appreciate that people with different opinions, backgrounds and characteristics bring richness to the challenge or situation at hand
- Excellent counseling/clinical skills and compliance with confidentiality requirements
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated competence in enabling effective team collaboration between colleagues, staff, volunteers and community resources
- Demonstrated competency in ministry to the sick and to persons of diverse religious, educational and cultural backgrounds
- Provide support to patients, families, and staff throughout MAID
- Knowledge of research procedures, methods, techniques, statistical principles, measurement theories and data collection instruments
- Ability to relate theology and behavioural sciences to spiritual care work
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines in accordance to UHN standards
POSTED DATE: November 9, 2017
CLOSING DATE: until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN’s attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.