Kingston Health Sciences Centre
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm on 2018 March 13
POSTING DATE: 2018 MARCH 06
TITLE: SPIRITUAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER
DEPARTMENT: SPIRITUAL HEALTH, MISSION AND ETHICS
HOURS OF WORK: DAYS
RATE OF PAY: $64,215 – $80,269
LOCATION: HOTEL DIEU HOSPITAL SITE
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Spiritual Health Practitioner provides services to persons who suffer from chronic illness in a manner consistent with HDH site’s Mission, Vision and Values and that reflect the core values of Patient and Family Centred Care (dignity, respect, information sharing, participation, and collaboration). The Spiritual Health Practitioner enhances and facilitates the spiritual health of patients and their families as they mobilize spiritual health resources available to them for well-being, given the current circumstances and transitions in their lives. Working within Inter-professional teams, the Spiritual Health Practitioner engages people of all beliefs, respecting and offering compassion for diverse belief systems and world views.
- Master’s Degree in Religious, Theological or Pastoral studies
- Current certification and membership as Specialist with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC)
- Current registration with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Two years of related spiritual health experience
- Evidence of on-going good standing with one’s own faith community and mandate for ministry within that faith community
- Assurance that one is not under an Ethics Committee investigation with CASC or an investigation under the Professional Misconduct Regulation of the CRPO.
- Demonstrated adherence to all Standards of Practice for CASC Specialist and Practice Competencies of the CRPO.
- Demonstrated commitment to integration of current clinical spiritual health practice methods for clinical practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge about and commitment to the Health Ethics Guide developed by the Catholic Health Alliance of Canada
- Demonstrated Person and Family Centered Care approach to spiritual health and commitment to the Mission, Vision, Values and strategic directions of the department and of HDH
- Demonstrated trouble shooting skills and ability to problem solve issues that may arise in carrying out the duties of this position
- Demonstrated commitment to continued education and learning in the field of spiritual health
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work effectively, manage a full work-load and meet deadlines in a busy ambulatory and urgent care environment with frequent interruptions
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a team member through collaboration, respect and effective communication
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with minimal supervision with proven reliability and trustworthiness
- Proficiency in speaking and comprehending both English and French
THIS COMPETITION IS OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL APPLICANTS.
Apply here: http://bit.ly/2FjHct9
Visit our website: www.hoteldieu.com
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Department. All candidates will be assessed in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code