Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 4 – Northwest
FACILITY: Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Spiritual and Religious Care
CLASSIFICATION: Spiritual Care Worker
STATUS: Permanent part-time FTE: 0.6
ANTICIPATED START DATE: April 30th, 2018
HOURS OF WORK: Day shifts Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The spiritual care worker is responsible for providing spiritual and religious support to any patient using a holistic approach in accordance with professional standards and based on the vision, mission and policies and procedures of Vitalité Health Network.
- Bachelor’s degree in theology, pastoral care, religious sciences or a related discipline;
- Practicums in clinical spiritual care accredited by the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC/ACSS);
- Member in good standing of the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (CASC/ACSS) or its equivalent, namely the Association des intervenantes et intervenants en soins spirituels du Québec (AIISSQ);
- Three (3) years’ experience in a hospital setting or similar setting;
- Effective interpersonal communication skills and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated leadership and insight;
- Motivation, enthusiasm and flexibility;
- Proficiency using computer tools;
- Capacity to adhere to, engage in, and manage change with a positive attitude;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work.
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network’s management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- Salary commensurate with provincial scale for management staff .
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment