Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is an award-winning hospital and one of Toronto’s best-kept secrets. As Ontario’s leading community teaching hospital, MGH has proudly served the diverse, multi-cultural community of east Toronto since 1929 and is known for its friendliness and sense of community within Canada’s largest city. Recognized as a leader in workplace wellness and offering a quality work environment focused on learning and development, MGH invests in people to meet their professional goals and to reach their personal best.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as a
Spiritual Care Practitioner (Part-Time)
The Spiritual Care Practitioner at Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) functions as an integrated member of the interprofessional team. They provide compassionate, person-centred and family-focused care with a well-integrated understanding of theology and behavioural science. They understand the complexity of bioethical issues as they arise in a healthcare context. The Spiritual Care Practitioner supports and facilitates organizational initiatives to create a culture of resiliency, which recognizes the rhythm and multiplicity of a vibrant healthcare complex. Embracing diversity in all its forms, Spiritual Care at MGH focuses on assessing and appropriately responding to the spiritual and religious needs of our patients, families and staff, as well as supporting the needs of our wider community.
• Master of Divinity, or equivalent degree in theology or spirituality.
• Two Advanced Units of Clinical Pastoral Education and Specialist standing with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (or in process).
• Registered Psychotherapist (RP) designation with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO).
• Minimum two (2) years of experience in institutional spiritual care.
• Excellent clinical and counseling skills, and compliance with confidentiality requirements.
• Fluency with the CASC Core Competencies, and the practice competencies of an RP with CRPO.
• Proficiency in person-centred spiritual counseling techniques and theory.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong clinical documentation skills.
• Responsible for the safe and effective use of self in therapeutic relationships.
• Practices and promotes resilience, individually and interpersonally.
• Experience supporting the spiritual, psychological and emotional needs of hospital staff.
• Familiarity with strategies to support organizational change an asset.
• Good work and attendance record required.
• All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
• All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
• All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH’s policies and practices.
If you are ready to join MGH, please email your resume & application form indicating PAST1701-Spiritual Care Practitioner in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our Careers page at www.tegh.on.ca / Careers / Current Opportunities / How to Apply to download the application form
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource. Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart
The Difference Starts with You!