Spiritual Care Coordinator
Click here for PDF of position description
The Luther Home Corporation is a multi-service, non-profit organization dedicated to serving the citizens of Winnipeg with love and compassion. Functioning as an independent, community-based and governed private organization, Luther Home Corporation provides services in the areas of long term care, housing, and services to seniors.
As a result of a pending retirement, Luther Home is seeking a part-time (0.8 EFT) Spiritual Care Coordinator to provide our residents and clients with compassionate understanding, spiritual and emotional support on their unique life journey, and respectful attention to cultural and religious diversity.
As a member of the Leadership Team, and under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the Spiritual Care Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, facilitation and provision of Spiritual Care programs and services at Luther Home. This includes the direct provision of pastoral care to residents, Sunday worship services, group memorials, advisement and reassurance to family members, the incorporation of community resources, and participation on the Interdisciplinary Care Team. The Spiritual Care Coordinator plays an active role in Manitoba Health Standards, regional accreditation processes, and acts in accordance with the objectives, policies, procedures, values, mission and vision of the Luther Home Corporation.
Selection Criteria Includes:
1. University preparation at a Bachelor level in a relevant field (Theology, Philosophy, World Religions, Spirituality, Gerontology). 2. 2-3 years chaplaincy experience or pastoral congregational care.
3. Completion of one or more CPE/CASC Units. With a commitment to complete all Units.
4. Work experience in a long term care setting, including working with those with dementia.
5. Demonstrated ability to work as an effective member in a multi-disciplinary team environment, while being self-motivated.
6. Computer literacy that may include experience working with an electronic health record.
7. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, residents, families, tenants, and external partners.
8. A demonstrated record of participation in continuing education.
9. Current security checks that include a Criminal Records Check, a Vulnerable Sector Check, and an Adult Abuse Registry Check.
Luther Home Corporation offers a competitive compensation package that includes a salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefit package that contains a defined benefit pension plan.
To apply for this exceptional opportunity please email a cover letter and resume prior to 4 PM on February 22, 2018, in confidence to email@example.com with “Spiritual Care Coordinator” in the Subject Line.
We thank all who apply for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.