TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE
The Canadian Multifaith Federation is seeking qualified persons to work in a City of Toronto Long Term Care Homes as
- Spiritual and Religious Care Coordinator, Part time – approx. 14 to 21 hours/week
- An on-call Spiritual and Religious Care Provider, as needed for fill-in
The successful applicant will:
- Provide spiritual and religious care for residents and their families, including but not limited to worship services, counseling and visitation
- Supervise and co-ordinate the provision of religious services, includes assessing and ministering to residents, and outreach to community faith groups
- Develop, co-ordinate and supervise diverse community Faith Group volunteers
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive program of spiritual care and religious services for residents and their families.
- A recognized theological education or equivalent
- Advanced units of CPE or equivalent
- Endorsement by the applicant’s faith community
- Certification by the Canadian Multifaith Federation
- Experience in coordinating and working with those undergoing life transitions esp., in Hospice/palliative care, celebration of life services, etc.
- Three years of spiritual and religious care experience in health or Long Term Care.
CPIC/Vulnerable Sector Check (done within the last six months)
Deadline for applications:
Open until filled
Send applications to:
Canadian Multifaith Federation
3570 Victoria Park Avenue, Suite 207, Toronto, Ontario M2H 3S2
The Canadian Multifaith Federation is a not-for-profit charitable organization representing a wide range of faith groups. The Canadian Multifaith Federation is responsible to ensure that, adequate and appropriate spiritual care and religious rights are adhered to in directly-operated and transfer payment institutions & community-based agencies and programs.
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.