- Elizabeth Fisher, Jan Kraus, Kerry Kuluski, Peter Allatt. Church Services in a Complex Continuing Care Hospital: Why Bother? is available in the latest issue of the JPCC. Click to view abstract.
- Lorraine Smith-MacDonald. Understanding the well-being and spiritual needs of veterans post-combat.
- Nazila Isgandarova. Islamic Spiritual Care: Foundations and Practices (Book)
- Helen Butlin. Embodied Wisdom in the lived experiences of women diagnosed with stages 2-4 ovarian cancer explored through the soul-medicine support group process.
- Robert Hunt. Princess Margaret – Pilot Project to assess the effectiveness of course-based didactic for basic CPE training in comparison to regular.
- Philip Behman. Alberta Children’s Hospital – Use of Projected Light Labyrinths as a Tool for Self Regulation and Stress Reduction in Youth.
- Anke Flor. Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre – Screening for Spiritual Distress in Routine Clinical Practice: Development of a Screening Approach
Spiritual care is well recognized as an important component of holistic care. However, there is little consensus on best practice to identify patients suffering spiritual distress. The goal of the study project is to identify a simple question or questions that can be used by front line heath care providers (HCPs), which will accurately identify patients suffering from spiritual distress. The study utilizes a qualitative descriptive approach. We are in the second year. So far a qualified interviewer has met individually with 16 patients with life-limiting illnesses to explore their perspectives on spiritual distress and ways of identifying it. Subsequently, the interviewer has met with 20 HCPs regarding their experience identifying spiritual distress. The interviews have been transcribed and are currently inputted to NVIVO. We are beginning analysis.
- Tracy Trothen. Winning the Race? Religion, Hope, and the ReShaping of the Athletic Enhancement Debate. Sport and Religion Series. Macon, US: Mercer University Press. Published October/November 2015.
- Brian Walton. An Exploration of the Spiritual Needs of In-Patients in Acute Care Setting
- Helen Chan. Translating Professional Competencies into Clinical Pedagogy
- Margaret McCallum. Enhancement of spiritual health care in the Parkland Regional Health Authority
- Kanae Kinoshita. Does an Experiential, Reflective Program in Spirituality Impact Hospital Staff’s Well- Being?
- Lucinda Landau. Study into The Use of Ritual at the Time of a Pregnancy Loss
- David Maginley. Integration of Energetic Healing Modalities Among CASC Members: Challenges, Opportunities and Implications
- David B.T. Maginley, Marnie Roper. The Use of Complimentary and Alternative Medicine by Members of CASC/ACSS
- Margaret Clark, Douglas Wilson. Living Human Memories. “Listening to the CASC/ACSS Story”
- Ellen Faubert. How might Psychiatrists and Chaplains Collaborate in Delivering Spiritual Mental Health Care? – A Canadian Perspective
- Elaine MacInnis. Improving Quality of End-of Life Care: Understanding the Experience of Suffering – Perspectives of the Terminally Ill and their Family
- Gary Myatt. Contemporary Resources for Supervisors
- Glen Breen. Research Providing Spiritual Care to Pre-Adolescent Children
- Thomas St. James O’Connor. Spiritual Care Givers Guide – Publication of Book
Gary Myatt/Dan Cooper. Dacum Project
Iryna Soluk-Figol. Spiritual Care Patient Satisfaction Survey