If you are looking for that Special Place, where you can contribute in a very meaningful way to the well-being of that community while working with some of the best and the brightest healthcare professionals that Northern Ontario has to offer in one of the most picturesque communities in Northern Ontario, then you need to consider this opportunity at
St. Joseph’s General Hospital Elliot Lake
Right now we are looking for a skilled and experienced individual to join our team as the
Manager Pastoral Care/Mission Integration & Volunteer Services
Our Mission is to build on the legacy of our Catholic Founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Sault Ste. Marie and continue the healing ministry of Jesus, serving all who come to us for care.
As an integral part of the St. Joseph’s General Hospital Elliot Lake team the Manager of Pastoral Care/Mission Integration & Volunteer Services is responsible for the coordination and provision of clinical chaplaincy and spiritual care; providing strategic consultation, mission expertise and assisting the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Nursing Executive in enabling the healing ministry of Jesus to be a vital and operational part of the continuum of care within the Organization.
- Completion of clinical pastoral education recognized by the Canadian Spiritual Care Association
- Certification as a Spiritual Care Practitioner
- Demonstrated competency in adult education
- Two years’ experience managing the operation of a human service department including the recruitment, orientation and supervision of employees and/or volunteers
- Appropriate experience and knowledge of the delivery of healthcare in an institutional setting as well as in the ambulatory setting
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills
- Budgeting, planning and administrative skills
Additional Qualifications (Assets) include:
- Bilingualism (French-English)
- Understanding of the current healthcare environment
- Theoretical and practical understanding of the Catholic healthcare ministry as a part of the mission of the Catholic Church
Compensation: Comprehensive benefit and compensation package.
Please apply by email: email@example.com
or by mail to:
Human Resources Department:
St. Joseph’s General Hospital Elliot Lake, 70 Spine Road, Elliot Lake, ON P5A 1X2
Thank you for applying.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
St. Joseph’s General Hospital Elliot Lake fosters a culture of patient and staff safety whereby all employees are guided by SJGHEL’s Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct.
St. Joseph’s General Hospital Elliot Lake (SJGHEL) is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part the SJGHEL hiring process.