Chaplain – High River Hospital – 5 days/week
High River Hospital requires the services of a Chaplain to meet the spiritual needs of patients, residents, families and staff through a planned, organized and coordinated delivery of Spiritual Care (SC) services.
• As a health care professional, the Chaplain is skilled in providing existential, spiritual, professional, and religious patient care across beliefs, cultural perspectives and practices
• Provides patient care, including spiritual needs assessment, intervention, education, advocacy, resource finding, and consultation throughout the patient care process.
• Supports patients in working through changes in health and functional status
• Assist hospital patients, LTC residents and their families to cope with hospitalization
• Be available for staff who may need support following an acute crisis
• Provide initial support to a bereaved family by assisting them to organize further support through other means
• Provide direct SC to those who request it, or contact a member of the patient’s respective faith community
• Provide training for and work with Pastoral Care Volunteers
• Develop and support program planning and evaluation
- Master’s in Theology or Divinity, or combined education and experience equivalency
- Professional membership with Canadian Association for Spiritual Care
- Credentials as a recognized chaplain in good standing with his/her denomination that is recognized by, and acceptable to, the participating ministerial associations, or an equivalent denominational recognition.
- Chaplaincy experience or equivalent pastoral experience.
This is a contract position with Alberta Health Services
High River is located 30 minutes South of Calgary.
Apply with resume and cover letter to: JenniferJm.Morton@albertahealthservices.ca
Site and Long Term Care Manager
High River Hospital
560 9 Ave SW
High River, AB T1V 1B3
For further info: 403-601-1764
Application Deadline: May 17, 2019