DIRECTOR OF SPIRITUAL CARE & MISSION EFFECTIVENESS
Samaritan Place has an opening for a Permanent Full-time Director of Spiritual Care/Mission Effectiveness. Samaritan Place is a Catholic health care facility committed to providing a home to 100 individuals who require Level 3 and Level 4 long -term care services and 20 individuals who are companions of some of the residents. We advance the healing and caring ministry of Jesus Christ by responding to needs of the spirit, mind, body and culture of those who live at Samaritan Place. At Samaritan Place, care is compassionate, resident-directed, safe and respectful. Samaritan Place is owned by Emmanuel Care.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Samaritan Place and working with the Executive Lead of Mission, Ethics, & Spirituality from Emmanuel Care, the Director of Spiritual Care & Mission Effectiveness will be responsible for the coordination and provision of religious and spiritual support to residents, their families and staff that reflect and promote The Samaritan Way model of care. The Director will also provide ongoing counseling, guidance, and education to residents, families, and employees as it relates to supporting and facilitating spiritual expression and care.
The successful applicant will :
- have experience in counselling and providing support in an inter-faith facility for resident, families, and staff
- have knowledge and ability to work with the geriatric population, in particular those with cognitive deficits, mental health issues and health related challenges
- have leadership experience in mission integration to ensure the core values of Samaritan Place are alive and visible through daily operations, clinical care, and special events
- have demonstrated experience working in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team environment
- have a baccalaureate degree in Theology, Religion or Humanities (a Masters degree is preferred)
- have a minimum of two (2) units’ Clinical Pastoral education or an equivalent combination of education and training
- have knowledge and understanding of Catholic history and principles
- have appropriate spiritual and other leadership qualities applicable to contemporary, faith-based, not-for-profit organizations
- have experience in a long-term care setting and the ability to provide spiritual care to residents and their families
- have a record of achievement as a collaborative leader, community and team builder, and possess a high degree of interpersonal sensitivity and communication skills
Samaritan Place offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Hours of work may vary depending on mission-driven activities.
Our thanks are extended to all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit a cover letter and your resume by May 10, 2019 to:
Lisa Koczka, Human Resources Officer
Phone: 306-986-1460 ext. 1417
Or mail to: 375 Cornish Road, Saskatoon, SK S7T 0P3