Horizon Health Network is the largest health network in Atlantic Canada and is the second largest employer in New Brunswick with over 13,000 staff and 1000 physicians in over 100 facilities, clinics and offices. We are currently recruiting for a Director of Pastoral Care to join our team in Fredericton.
This director level position is responsible for leading the provision of spiritual and religious care in the Fredericton zone.
WORKING FOR HORIZON HEALTH NETWORK
At Horizon Health Network, we offer a challenging work environment supported by an excellent network of dedicated professionals. We offer competitive salary, development opportunities, and a recognition program. This is a temporary full-time position for one year (based on operational requirements).
As a key member of our team, we will work together to provide Exceptional Care. Every Person. Every Day.
- Leading the planning and development of spiritual care services.
- Directing, overseeing and evaluating the provision of services.
- Managing fiscal and human resources to ensure the quality and safety of service delivery.
- Coordinating and evaluating workload and service delivery.
- Providing leadership and mentoring related to the training of spiritual care workers.
- Developing, monitoring and ensuring compliance with standards, policies and procedures.
- Providing spiritual care services.
- A Masters degree in Theology, Divinity or Spiritual Care and specialist designation or working toward designation with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care (formerly CAPPE).
- Member in good standing with the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care.
- Certified Supervisor-Educator (CPE) is an asset.
- Knowledge of various theologies, religious and spiritual traditions and ecclesiology and demonstrated ability to work in a multi faith environment.
- Experience in providing education and workshops to groups including patients, staff and community.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY
Culture and history come together in Fredericton, New Brunswick’s capital city. Located in the heart of New Brunswick along the majestic St. John River, Fredericton and the nearby villages of New Maryland, Oromocto, and Keswick Ridge are surrounded by an extensive trail system, making the entire region a nature buff’s paradise.
To apply or get more information, please contact:
Horizon Health Network
Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.