Position: Director of Marketing and Innovation
Reports to: The Board of Directors
Status: Part-time Contract
The Canadian Association for Spiritual Care/Association canadienne de soins spirituels (CASC/ACSS), a not-for-profit association, is creating this new position for a three-year period. The Director of Marketing and Innovation is a high-profile position requiring an experienced professional leader who possesses a strong appreciation for the dynamics of a diverse and fast-moving organization.
THE DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND INNOVATION:
- Supports the development, promotion, and networking of the association by:
- Planning and implementing an integrated marketing program that aligns with the business plan of the Association
- Developing a direct marketing and public relations initiative, which includes pilot testing of initiatives, and other marketing vehicles when appropriate
- Leading the development of on-line continuing education courses;
- Consulting with the volunteer Board Directors and Commissions of the Board;
- Acting as liaison and resource person to the Regional bodies of CASC/ACSS, particularly in relation to their marketing strategies
- Developing partnerships with other Associations and Professions
- Is responsible for two major functional areas/projects for CASC/ACSS
- Marketing – general organizational and specific marketing including developing and communicating the brand while working with an external Marketing company; and leading the development of the product for on-line continuing education courses
- Growing Partnerships – internal and external – broadening the membership base in order to increase membership; and advocating for spiritual care within healthcare and other professions.
- An earned bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or a Master’s degree is desirable;
- Fluency in English; knowledge of French is an asset
- A minimum of five years of experience in business Marketing and Innovation
- A minimum of three years of experience working with a volunteer Board of Directors and committees.
- High level of entrepreneurship, energy, integrity, enthusiasm and excellent interpersonal and team-building skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of professional ethics, including stewardship, accountability and transparency
- Ability to mentor/educate/develop direct reports in the areas of marketing both internally and externally
- Ability to travel
- Consideration may be given to a CASC/ACSS member with an understanding of and compassionate commitment to the mission, vision and values of CASC/ACSS
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume and cover letter (including your contact information and the title of the position to which you are applying) to the Executive of the Board of Directors, c/o
Canadian Association for Spiritual Care
1267 Dorval Drive, Unit 27
Oakville, ON L6M 3Z4
We will review all completed applications and will contact those selected for an interview
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities, and are committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.